Deputy News Editor, Campaign World
Are you an energetic and organised Deputy Editor? Campaign World has an brilliant opportunity for someone to help spearhead content, inclduing daily news, analysis and opinion.
Reporting to the online news editor you will be responsible for the content on the Campaign World website, including daily news, analysis and opinion, also overseeing creation of the digital bulletins and getting involved in live events.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- An energetic, organised deputy editor to help spearhead constant improvements in the brand’s digital daily output of news, analysis and agenda-setting opinion.
- Working across all news output across the daily bulletin, and where appropriate input into the content of the quarterly magazine and live events, including any commercially-led events from our Content Labs division, such as panels and round tables
- Play a pivotal role in helping the online editor and editor-in-chief find ingenious new ways to engage and excite the title's audience of senior and international decision-makers in the marcomms sector across all platforms
- A creative and highly motivated individual, with strong time-management skills, working alongside the editor on a ‘news desk’ that taps into the suite of local Campaign editorial teams and working closely with the rest of the senior Campaign team to ensure a constant stream of attention-grabbing and insightful content.
- Razor-sharp writing and editing skills are a key requisite to ensure all content is of the highest quality.
- A leading role - alongside the online editor, digital director and editor-in-chief - in developing online performance through the known audience strategy and the distribution of all the daily e-bulletin and management of social media feeds on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter etc ; help meet set known audience targets
- A nose for spotting an insightful news story as well as a clear understanding of the kind of entertaining, shareable content to help grow traffic and drive engagement.
- An understanding of analytics and using real-time data to shape content strategy - and encouraging the use of real-time analytics to inform content follow-ups.
- Superb writing and editing skills
- A keen understanding of SEO and an eagerness to evolve best practice
- Experience managing social media pages as a key distribution tool
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure in the face of daily and weekly deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of the marketing and communications industry
- To build exceptional contacts in the industry
- In addition to writing and editing skills, initiative and the ability to work closely with freelance writers, designers and commercial departments are vital