News Editor, Campaign World
Are you an innovative and energetic News Editor? Campaign World has a brilliant opportunity for someone to drive constant improvements in the brand’s digital daily output of news, analysis and agenda-setting opinion.
This role will be responsible for Campaign World website, including daily news, analysis and opinion, also overseeing creation of the digital bulletins.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- An innovative and energetic editor to spearhead constant improvements in the brand’s digital daily output of news, analysis and agenda-setting opinion.
- Overseeing all news output across the daily bulletin, and where appropriate input into the content of the quarterly magazine and live events, including commercial events through our Content Labs division such as panels and round tables
- Play a pivotal role in helping the editor-in-chief find ingenious new ways to engage and excite the title's audience of senior and international decision-makers in the marcomms sector across all platforms
- A creative and highly motivated individual, with strong people- and time-management skills, overseeing a ‘news desk’ that taps into the suite of local Campaign editorial teams, acting as line manager to the deputy online editor and working closely with the rest of the senior Campaign team to ensure a constant stream of attention-grabbing and insightful content.
- Razor-sharp writing and editing skills are a key requisite to ensure all content is of the highest quality.
- A leading role - alongside the digital director and editor-in-chief - in developing online performance through the known audience strategy and the distribution of all the daily e-bulletin and management of social media feeds on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter etc; ensuring the brand meets its online known-audience targets
- A nose for spotting an insightful news story as well as a clear understanding of the kind of entertaining, shareable content to help grow traffic and drive engagement.
- An understanding of analytics and using real-time data to shape content strategy - and encouraging the use of real-time analytics to inform content follow-ups.
- Experience managing a deputy.
- Superb writing and editing skills
- A keen understanding of SEO and an eagerness to evolve best practice to meet set targets
- Experience managing social media pages as a key distribution tool
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure in the face of daily and weekly deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of the marketing and communications industry
- To build exceptional contacts in the industry
- In addition to writing and editing skills, initiative and the ability to work closely with freelance writers, designers and commercial departments are vital.