Senior PR / Media Relations Specialist
Senior PR / Media Relations Specialist (In House) - Coventry - £37,000 - £40,000 DOE
This award-winning, services led business, with great potential for positive news stories are looking for a Senior PR / Media Relations Specialist to join their team based in Coventry.
We are looking for an experienced PR candidate and an excellent writer with a creative mind who can bring new ideas and experience to the business. A candidate who has been previously successful in their PR career and wants to continue to grow within a collaborative and forward-thinking environment will fit this role well.
You will join a small, but growing, in house press office and have the opportunity to raise the profile of this organisation across local and national print and broadcast media. The business is already celebrated regularly in the press for their products and so have strong existing media relationships.
This person will need to develop an understanding of the industry and will be able to identify, and anticipate, risks and opportunities. A creative mind is needed but so is a safe pair of hands to deal with any reputational issues that may arise. You'll be working closely with colleagues in internal comms, marketing, digital, product and beyond to make sure the most is being made of all opportunities.
The media relations team work across the whole organisation so having the gravitas to build relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior internal stakeholders and journalists is key.
Experience needed includes:
- Experience of working as part of a successful in-house PR team
- Experience leading successful and imaginative PR campaigns from planning through to analysis
- A track record of excellent relationships with journalists
- Experience of maintaining trusted and influential relationships with senior management in a corporate organisation
- Experience of crisis communications - both planning and in practice
- Ability to identify opportunities and risks
- Ability to provide occasional on call press office coverage
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
Please apply directly or contact Jessie at blueskies to discuss.