Leading integrated agency, based in NW London, looking for a talented Packaging Artworker to join their small and friendly team.
About you and the role
You must be organised, methodical and a quick learner!
You will mainly be responsible for preparing technically correct packaging artwork ready for print for one of the agency’s blue-chip clients, a leading technology/lifestyle brand.
Depending on work demands you may also be required to accurately flow in languages and codes on multi-lingual pack artworks, proofing via the online approval tool and managing amends and approvals from multiple stakeholders. Fluency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are essential.
You must be very detail oriented, have excellent organisation skills and be able to keep calm under pressure.
The role will suit someone who is comfortable working with checklists, processes and guidelines which are required due to the heavily regulated nature of this client's industry. Being a great communicator, you will work closely with the Design Team and Account Manager to ensure the smooth transition of proofs from the Studio through the Production Department and delivery to the printer.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 1-2 years’ experience wanting to develop their knowledge in the technical aspects of packaging artwork and who takes pride in producing high quality work. Please note that this is a mainly technical role so will not suit aspiring designers!
• Consistent implementation and roll out of the client’s design platform across a very large portfolio
• Creating artwork from briefing through to liaising with clients during the approval process
• Preparing print-ready, multi-language pack artwork including separations for cutter guides, spot colours and special finishes
• Processing cutter guides
• Setting up 'print-ready' master artwork templates ready for large roll-outs
• Using checklists and processes to maintain high quality and accurate artwork
• Working with spot colours and special finish separations
• Liaising with clients and print suppliers in the UK and abroad
• Ensuring artwork adheres to range and brand guidelines
• Sharing knowledge within the Production and Design Team and constantly reviewing processes to make improvements throughout the workflow
• Giving printers' 'contract proofs' the final checks and approval before they go to press
• Creating 3D pack mock-ups in Photoshop
• Running inkjet proofs using GMG ColorProof for colour standards and maintaining the large format Epson printer
• Colour management for offset litho and occasionally flexo print processes
• 'Cleaning' process colours for optimised reproduction
• Occasionally preparing brochures and other marketing communications materials for print or online use
• Daily logging of time spent on each job and project status on the production system
• Arranging delivery of GMG’s to suppliers and clients
This is great opportunity to work for a renowned friendly company with a can-do attitude, coupled with second-to-none client and project management, as well as obsessive attention to detail. They combine a healthy balance of strategic expertise, creativity and rigorous execution.