Senior Media Sales Executive - Travel Industry
This is an exciting role working on a market leading travel title. The successful candidate will not be only be working with the major players in the travel industry but will also have exposure with key consumer brands.
You will personally account manage existing clients & agencies; pitch & develop new business; understand and monitor the market & strive to develop exciting & market leading client solutions across the brand. You will also represent the wider portfolio and include other relevant brands where appropriate
This company lives to travel. Everything they do is designed to inspire and enable travellers to get out there, connect with the world and have great experiences. Across all areas they look for talented people who share their passion.
• To be seen as an expert within the competitive set
• To demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market and have a sound understanding of trends
• To comprehend, interpret and present sales data to maximise advertising potential
• To fully articulate the brands proposition and its relevance to advertisers
• To effectively utilise the Insight team according to need
Personal agency portfolio
• To pro-actively sell the brand proposition in to agencies and clients at every opportunity
• To effectively manage all personal agency/client portfolio through a fully integrated strategy
• To have active relationships with all key contacts across portfolio including key press buying and planning agency team contacts
• To have knowledge of previous, current and future activity for each agency across all revenue streams
• To have specific, measurable performance improvement targets/goals for new, existing and lapsed advertisers as agreed with the Advertising Manager
• To effectively adapt selling technique according to market conditions
• To ensure that all competitor leads are chased and followed up at all times
• To attend a minimum of 5 external meetings per week
• To effectively negotiate the best rate possible for every piece of business
• To effectively manage all deals to maximise revenue and share
• To help identify and create client led deal opportunities
• To effectively negotiate multiple title and website campaigns
• To create and present effective pitches showcasing the brand’s potential to maximum effect
• To confidently present the brand on both a 1:1 basis or within a group
• To effectively utilise Insight in preparation for all meetings and in all presentations
• To ensure all titles and platforms are fully considered and where appropriate included in all pitches
• Ensure files are up to date and can be used by anyone at anytime including:
• Agency and client strategies
• Competitor leads
• Ensure all campaigns are booked correctly onto the system, and as soon as the booking is confirmed
You will be:
• Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
• Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to lean and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
• Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
• Able to work in a fast paced, self directed, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.