Research and Analytics Strategist
Quantitative Research and Analytics Strategist
For this role, what we need to find, first and foremost, is someone with deep and strong/broad data/quant skills, but who also has the versatility to also tackle a wider set of strategic tasks. Effectively we are looking for a quant specialist for their team, someone who will be ‘happy being in spreadsheets all day'.
Our client works across digital and content strategy, service design, commercial and business strategy, product and service innovation. A fascination for business, technology and culture is a head start and perhaps you’re from a media or digital agency where you’ve been measuring campaign performance. If your background is purely management consultancy, you are unlikely to the right cultural fit for this agency and their way of working.
We need someone who is not a jargon monkey and who can articulate observations and data in simple and precise ways. You will need to bring a sound attitude to the team and be willing to truly get stuck into problems and navigate clever ways through them.
You will be challenged to work independently and use your intelligence, wit and resourcefulness to figure things out. They move fast and will expect you to keep pace with us. You will not be left to sink or swim (we promise) but there will be many occasions when you just need to get on with things. They tend to be drawn to people who aren’t cookie cutter, who have an interesting edge about them. They like a little flavour and character in the team.
- Craft compelling and articulate stories with data (presenting arguments and stories in less formal ways)
- Have an eye for detail, and a mind for quant data
- Able to present quant data in easy-to-understand and ‘human terms’
- Comfortable and natural presenter
- Able to synthesize both qual and quant data to uncover unique insights (not observations)
- Triangulate quant data points (whether it be brand tracking surveys, web data and paid campaign data) to build a deep understanding of user behaviour, always drilling down into the ‘why’
- Able to reframe problems revealing new ways to solve/approach them
- Provide insights and intelligence that help our clients make well-informed decisions with confidence
- Familiarity analysing social, paid digital media, brand tracking surveys, web data and qual customer research
- Proficient in data manipulation software, particularly Excel / Google sheets
- Ideally you have 2-4 years experience in a media or digital agency, measuring digital campaign performance
- Other Software: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, G-suite Slides
- They are a relatively new agency but growing steadily with a range of fantastic big name clients. Along with a base salary in the region of £35 - £45K they offer an generous benefits package.