Business Development Manager - Medical
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager who is looking for their next challenge? Haymarket Medical is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join us at an exciting time of growth.
The role will suit someone who really wants to make the most out of this opportunity to manage established accounts as well as focus on new business growth across our medical events, MIMS Learning Live, MIMS Workshops and Medeconomics Live. The role includes developing content solutions and educational projects for existing and prospective clients.
Reporting to the Commercial Director you will work as part of a team to maximise the commercial potential of our core medical brands, MIMS, MIMS Learning and GPonline,.
Excitingly, Haymarket Medical is growing year on year, so the successful candidate will be expected to show a driven attitude and desire to champion our brands in the sector. This role is perfect for someone who is eager to take ownership of their own client base as well as identifying and developing new opportunities, sell across a growing range of products and be a part of a successful and dynamic sales team.
- Maximise revenue for the Haymarket Medical portfolio from your assigned client base
- Work consultatively with clients to drive sales across the brands as educational content solutions in live, online and print
- Professionally represent Haymarket both internally and externally
- Drive to learn and understand the sector in which you operate to build strong relationships with clients
The qualities we're looking for in a Business Development Manager are:
- Candidate who is keen to succeed and make a name for themselves within the business
- An understanding of sales structure and confidence to sell consultatively
- A proven track record of handling objections and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to listen to client needs and present relevant products
- Confident in multi-tasking and proficient time management skills
- Be consistently professional and well-presented
- Be self-motivated whilst being a team player
- Ambitious and very target driven
- Good communicator, face to face and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Accountable and responsible
- Ability to problem solve and seek to improve
- An understanding or interest in the medical/pharmaceutical sector desirable