Medical Editor – Boutique Healthcare Agency
Medical Editor – Boutique Healthcare Agency – Central London – To £40k
This ambitious boutique medical agency will blow you away. It has undergone unprecedented growth over the last four years, elevating it from a start-up to a fabulous 30-strong agency.
Now the team is looking to expand its Scientific Services desk with the addition of a talented Medical Editor. The salary band is between £30-40k.
Best described as a digitally led, creative med comms agency, it has a true family feel and a dynamic culture.
Creating and sharing engaging integrated content with the healthcare and patient communities, they meet the needs of today’s busy healthcare professionals and patients who need rapid access to informative, trustworthy and up-to-date online content.
The Medical Editor role
- Life science degree (BSc or MSc with a preference for pharmacology / pharmacy, medicine, or biomedical sciences)
- At least three years’ experience working as an editor in a medical communications agency
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Experience of editing for scientific integrity as well as flow, syntax, grammar and spelling
- Ability to understand detailed medical and scientific information in various therapeutic areas
- Knowledge of industry guidelines (ie ABPI)
- Excellent attention to detail
- PhD in life sciences
- Experience of editing digital assets, such as websites, apps, video, etc
- Experience of editing promotional and medical educational materials
- Experience of working independently in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience in the development and implementation of style guides and QC processes
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite
Editing a wide range of scientific content including educational and promotional pieces, across various therapeutic areas and formats (including digital)
- Working with medical writers and other members of the team to improve the accuracy, clarity, readability, and functionality of the materials produced, and adhere to agency and industry guidelines
- Assisting in the development of realistic project schedules
- Developing and implementing style guides and QC processes
- Training other members of the team (Scientific and Client Services) on QC processes
Salary and benefits
To £40k depending on experience.
Other great benefits include a bonus scheme, in-office massage, pension contributions, cycle-to-work scheme and more. They also have Drinks Fridays and Cocktail and Dinner clubs!
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Medical Editor to join a truly dynamic boutique. Please send us your CV as soon as possible…