Wonderly, Haymarket Media Group’s content agency, is looking for an Editorial Assistant.
You will be involved with a wide range of editorial activities across an equally wide range of projects: at times you will be sourcing and crafting editorial stories for Motability, creating and managing content for The Locker, sub-editing and responding to clients’ amends on The FA, or liaising with the client at Kia using our production portal. This is a broad journalistic role that will offer the winning candidate experience of a range of skills and roles, from writing to subbing to production, across a range of print and digital products from automotive to sport to general lifestyle.
This is a varied role requiring a proactive individual willing to step forward and bring new ideas to the table. This role is ideal for a post-graduate with a year of experience who is looking to break into the exciting world of content. We would expect any candidate to have a keen eye for detail, fit comfortably into a small team, and be an organised, self-starter.
- Attending editorial meetings and bringing new ideas to the table
- Transforming ideas into authentic stories both in print and online
- Organising media content
- Working as part of a close team
- Keeping a tight-schedule to reach deadlines
- Maintaining quality of content company-wide
- Social Media management
- Assisting senior staff as required, whether that’s the Managing Editor or Product Editors
- Updating the Wonderly website with new content
- An excellent communicator
- An advanced grasp of the English language
- A relevant degree to either Marketing, English, Journalism or Media Studies is preferred
- An ambition to be the best and stay ahead of the competition
- A friendly, open and creative individual looking to become part of a team
- Interested and open to learning new skills
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- A natural affinity with social media
- Comfortable using content management systems (CMS)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat a huge bonus.
To apply, please include a C.V, cover letter and writing samples (preferably links to published pieces/blogs etc). Please note, you may be required to do a short writing/subbing test before the interview stage.
We are Wonderly, a brand new full service, Owned Media Agency and part of the Haymarket Media Group. We’re the secret sauce behind some of Haymarket’s most famous media brands, only now we’re stepping out of the Haymarket closet to work with some of the best known brands in the UK. Our clients include: Volkswagen, the Army, KPMG, Kia, IAAF and the FA.
We’re a small agency based in Twickenham, West London, but part of the UK’s largest independently owned Publishing group, Haymarket Media. This means we have all the benefits of being a small agency but with none of the downsides. Our culture is inclusive and collaborative and reflects the diverse bunch of brilliant people that work here. We’re about creating a work life balance that brings the best out of everyone...and having a bit of fun along the way. Lastly, and by no means least, because we’re a small agency, everyone gets the chance to make a big impact.