Junior Print Designer
Wonderly, Haymarket Media Group’s content agency, is looking for a junior editorial designer.
The designer’s main function will be to collaborate with the Head of Creative and Art Editor to assist in the creative execution of innovative design concepts in print and online. This position requires a self-motivated, reliable team player with a positive professional attitude. The successful candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Working from a brief to develop design systems and style guides
- Creating designs that will work for editorial storytelling
- Working effectively with content editors and art directors to best communicate products
- Being aware of and able to apply the latest ideas and trends in graphic design, iconography, imagery and typography.
- Researching, organising and assigning photography and illustrations
- Assisting in the coordination and direction of photo shoots
We can help the right candidate to develop their skills and knowledge to become one of the creative stars of the future.
- Must understand basic prepress production of print files
- Degree in graphic design or equivalent
- 2+ years of editorial print experience in an agency design team
- An outstanding portfolio presenting a diverse range of work
- Excellent multi-channel typography, visual design and layout skills
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience of commissioning photographers, illustrators
The right candidate should be:
- naturally creative and imaginative
- a strong and persuasive communicator with a strong work ethic
- able to work effectively to tight deadlines
- open to criticism and able to work positively
- passionate about print and in possession of an excellent can-do attitude
- flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria
- a team player and enjoy working alongside colleagues
- organised and self-motivated
An ability to understand basic digital design and animation would be a bonus but not a necessity.
We are Wonderly, a brand new full service, Owned Media Agency and part of the Haymarket Media Group. We’re the secret sauce behind some of Haymarket’s most famous media brands, only now we’re stepping out of the Haymarket closet to work with some of the best known brands in the UK. Our clients include: Volkswagen, the Army, KPMG, Kia, IAAF and the FA.
We’re a small agency based in Twickenham, West London, but part of the UK’s largest independently owned Publishing group, Haymarket Media. This means we have all the benefits of being a small agency but with none of the downsides. Our culture is inclusive and collaborative and reflects the diverse bunch of brilliant people that work here. We’re about creating a work life balance that brings the best out of everyone...and having a bit of fun along the way. Lastly, and by no means least, because we’re a small agency, everyone gets the chance to make a big impact.