Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
(£50,000 - £55,000 plus commission and benefits)
Role overview: (click here to find out more about Profusion and staff benefits)
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science. Our partnerships with universities and leading organisations enable us to bring the best academic thinking into the solutions we offer our clients.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading and closing new business activity. You will be able to demonstrate how you have engaged in the whole sales cycle from identifying leads, prospecting, securing client meetings, questioning and assessing client requirements, gathering and managing the internal teams to provide a succinct and challenging proposal, deal closing and the contracting process. You are comfortable with developing and discussing both technical and creative solutions for potential clients, whether this is a BI, marketing or data science solution.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
- Proactively identifying potential leads based on Profusion’s key services, approaching both warm and cold leads
- Making strategic recommendations on how to deliver on the commercial revenue targets
- Working with our commercial team to identify new opportunities and defining the approach to help generate success
- Supporting the senior management team on proposals where required, making creative and technical recommendations on solutions for clients based on the brief
- Project managing RFP’s and proposals, from client briefing through to developing quotes to completion of contracts, engaging with the relevant team members throughout the process
- Ensuring any briefs or RFP’s are responded to within a timely manner
- Working on opportunities from our key partners such as Sisense, on both reselling and implementation deals
- Identifying opportunities to upsell or cross sell Profusion’s services to potential clients, during the sales process
- Networking and attending relevant industry events to generate new business leads
- Any other ad hoc responsibilities that could be reasonably be required in the role
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ business development experience, ideally within an agency environment. You will be comfortable generating new leads and establishing relationships with new clients. The successful candidate will have proven experience hitting new business sales targets and will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of digital marketing and technology. Experience in selling into C-suite or senior professionals will be beneficial.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a sales or new business role, preferably from an agency background
- Demonstrable experience in meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Experience of being involved in the entire sales cycle process, from identifying leads, prospecting, securing meetings, deal closing and the contracting process
- Experience of writing winning proposals, RFPs and being involved in face to face pitches
- Experience in generating new business leads and converting opportunities
- Agency background preferred, however relevant client-side experience will be considered
- Confident communicator, whether on the phone to a cold lead or in a face to face pitch
- Strong sales negotiation skills, able to support the closing of deals with potential clients, whilst building trusted relationships
- Commercially minded, ability to spot potential opportunities for both short term and long term revenue, ensuring potential opportunities are profitable for the business
- Strong time management, able to manage multiple projects and turn around proposals/RFPs to tight deadlines, without impacting on the output required
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to create high quality proposals
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and be proactive
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and goal driven
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and quickly build trust within the business
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in a fast-paced, high profile environment
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in Business Development and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: email@example.com (Closing date for applications is 29th March 2020).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly