Regional Planning Director (Tokyo) - Integrated marcoms agency
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to head up the Japan territory strategic planning on a global giant FMCG account, for a very experienced senior level integrated agency Planning Director who is either based in Tokyo or willing to relocate.
Do you have ambitions to work for one of the ‘Big Four’ global network agencies, or are already working within one and are looking to experience a new territory, or simply just the next challenge?
As one of the World’s largest network of agencies, you’d be joining some of the most brilliant creative talent in a culture that is open, optimistic and committed to extraordinary work
This is a pivotal role in the success of the territory for a communications champion to lead the brand and business strategy. Someone who is adept at translating global comms ideas into game-changing territory-specific integrated media/creative-led strategies that attract and engage new and existing consumers across the market and across multiple brands & products.
You will be responsible for the entire marketing mix, and will lead the strategic conversation from brief to delivery, working with agencies from all disciplines to build strategies and drive insight generation, content creation and creative output. It’s an opportunity to show your honed abilities to tailor solutions to many different problems and scenarios by delivering inspiring communications plans that ensure the seamless harmony of creative execution and media work, delivered to client in line with brand objectives.
To be suitable for this position as Planning Director we are looking for you to have the following skills and experience:
- A senior, executive level strategist or communications specialist with 10+ years’ experience within an integrated agency or agency network
- Solid FMCG experience and an understanding of working on a single complex key global account
- Experience working on brands within regulated industry (e.g. Healthcare) would be beneficial, but not essential
- An understanding of the APAC territory, and specifically, the Japanese consumer and buying culture
- An inspirational leader and motivator. Leads by example of excellence, EQ, knowledge and collaboration
- Experience of transforming clients from a traditional media model would be a bonus!
- Extensive experience across the full media mix, including paid/owned/earned, and a solid working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business, including digital/social/experiential/print/OOH/Search
- Strong analytical skills and a creative mind – with the ability to see the bigger picture perspective
- Ability to uncover and interpret brand and consumer data and insight to inform creative direction
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to think on your feet
- Must display exemplary communication skills, build rapport quickly and intelligently, and possess a proven track record in managing agency partner relationships
- A seasoned customer-orientated problem solver
- An understanding of how data and technology can drive marketing effectiveness
- Extensive project management experience using workflow software, technology & tools
- Excellent reporting and budgeting skills
- Native Japanese desirable, but not essential, and business fluency in English
This role will be primarily based out of the Tokyo office. However, as you will be engaging with multiple agencies, there may be an expectation to travel across Japan.
In return for your expertise as a Planning Director our client offers a very generous package ranging between JPY1.5m – JPY2m (£110k - £150k) per annum, plus benefits.
If you think you are the Planning Director we are seeking and have the relevant experience, then get in touch with us as soon as possible for a confidential chat by clicking on the apply button below.