Contracts & Royalties Executive
Contracts and Royalties Executive
It's not all gloomy news in London after all!
I'm looking for a ray of sunshine who is a wizard at Contracts and Royalties within Publishing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with solid contractual experience who is eager to broaden their contracts and royalties knowledge and take on greater responsibility. Royalties experience in the media industry would be advantageous.
Areas of experience & interest could be: Art, Illustration, Narration, Publishing and Design.
Qualities & Required Skills:
- Understanding of royalty income and contracts with authors and licensees
- Rights and Permissions experience (including Foreign Rights) in media industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills and organisational ability
- Fast and accurate, highly numerate, strong attention to detail
- Proactive, motivated, inquiring and flexible, able to show initiative and work independently
- Foundational knowledge of digital rights and standard contractual terms
- Basic understanding of contract law
Your day to day:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for authors and illustrators
- Working closely with agents to answer queries and provide advice
- Providing paperwork and contractual support for all divisions - including Licensing, Advertising, Editorial both in the UK and internationally
- Process royalty statements, advances income received and commission in the royalty system
- Investigate unidentified cash receipts with publishers and agents and allocate to the correct contract in the royalty system
- Prepare reports and analysis, e.g. outstanding payments
Keen to hear more about the position?
All interviews will take place over video call due to COVID-19