User Experience Insights Manager
User Experience Insight Manager, Central London – Up to £60k DOE plus bonus
Are you a User Experience Insight Manager looking for your next big challenge? This User Experience Insight Manager role will be working at one of the most innovative, well-respected tech brands across the world. Being here you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovation in the latest tech development.
This User Experience Insight Manager will be working at a consumer-led innovation business that is established in different regions across the world and are at the forefront of innovation. This User Experience Insight Manager will work collaboratively with global and local teams to deliver new value, creating product, UX, marketing and service concepts.
The objective of this User Experience Insight Manager is to drive innovation within the business through investigation into consumer & market trends, behaviours and aspirations.
The key focus for the User Experience Insight Manager will be the delivery of Insight and market intelligence into the relevant stage of each project process. All projects will focus on innovation of new propositions (products & services).
The responsibility of the User Experience Insight Manager within the team is:
1. Become insight/consumer champion within the innovation process ensuring the consumer is ‘in the room’ at all times
2. Lead the understanding & collation of new trends, lifestyles & behaviours so that they can be used to create hypotheses within & in the creation of projects
3. Work with other members to develop market driven concepts, driven by functional value proposition
4. To bring their specialism of consumer research to bear on their colleague’s projects whilst effectively engaging the other team member’s capabilities (i.e. business analytics, strategy, tech. / engineering & design) on their own projects
5. Leadership of ensuring best practice in qualitative & quantitative research in all project outputs
6. To develop techniques to test new insight & concept output from the Innovation process in as ‘real world’ a way as possible in order to create a compelling business cases
7. To support the team in the proposing, winning & managing of Innovation projects
This User Experience Insight Manager will commission/conduct and analyse findings from qualitative & quantitative market research to understand competitive landscapes, market trends, consumer trends & needs & formulate market driven consumer insights.
This User Experience Insight Manager will:
• Management of insight & lifestyle led projects & ensure they are delivered on time & within budget & understanding more than usage & attitudes found by internal market intelligence. You will have responsibility for commissioning & contracting any partner agencies for this function.
• Support with delivery of new innovative consumer experience concepts (digital & physical). Concepts will be built on strong consumer insight, have clear trend indicators & be rooted in commercial & engineering reality.
• Liaise within all areas of the business, to manage joint research & to collect insights & requirements
• Lead communication with research agencies & manage agency alignment & performance
• Share Insights & trends with the wider organisation
What do we need for this User Experience Insight Manager role?
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (Discipline is not important, although Psychology, Statistics, Anthropology, Sociology, Marketing or related field is preferred)
• Must be able to demonstrate experience of working with insight & market intelligence in relation to new product (or service) development or Innovation
• Must have ability to generate compelling trend research from market data & garnering insight from consumer data
• Experience of commissioning both qualitative & quantitative research
• Must be a confident moderator of ad-hoc consumer groups or one-on-one interviews
• Must have good networking into market research firms
• Must be highly creative, innovative & design/consumer minded
• Must have excellent presentation skills
• Must be highly creative, innovative & user led in approach
• Should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity & last minute changes
• Should be well versed in business development skills & business growth
• Should be comfortable thinking in terms of contributing to the growth of the team & at times there may be a necessity to consider the team over the individual
• Must be flexible to travel
Essential Soft Skills for this User Experience Insight Manager:
• Ability to participate as an active member in creative workshops & ideation sessions
• Hands-on approach, flexible attitude & are comfortable experimenting with new ways of working
• Willing to work in a flat organisation where hierarchy is not overtly felt
• Ability to manage an individual in terms of mentorship & career path
• Ability to retain relationships with our internal stakeholders. The creation & maintenance of productive relationships with both the team & the business through the identification of strategic aims & areas to grow
• Track record of developing new techniques & process
• Project & agency management experience
• Ideally experience of the consumer electronics market but this is not mandatory
• Experience of full NCD (new concept development) process would be advantageous
• Extra European language(s) desirable
If this sounds like the kind of User Experience Insight Manager role you’re looking for, then please get in touch quoting job reference JW878g.
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com