Head of Strategy – Auckland, New Zealand (suitable for London-trained Kiwi Planners)
This multi-award-winning, growing independent agency is based in Auckland, New Zealand. They have a background in the digital world but are increasingly moving towards a brand-led, fully integrated offering, so are looking for an experienced Planning or Strategy Director from this world (who also has strong digital skills) to help them develop more brave, innovative work that will build their clients’ businesses in the future.
In this role you would lead all strategy in the agency across both digital and broader advertising communications, leading on both large accounts and new business pitches and marking off senior, C-Suite clients. Initially you would work as the only Planner / Strategist in the agency, but over time there will be the opportunity to build a small team around you as business continues to grow.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Client Strategy – building strong, trusted relationships with senior clients; developing strategic briefs and annual plans; and bringing a wide range of planning tools and approaches to inspire creative teams and clients to bolder, more engaging solutions
- Brand Planning –facilitating and creating strong brand frameworks (purpose, values, etc.) as well as driving the strategic approach to creative briefs from defining client problem and target market to uncovering human insights
- Digital Experience & Innovation – developing innovation projects for clients including creation of customer personas, journey maps, user stories, prototypes, etc. in order to define customer experience strategy and new services / applications of technology
- Business Development Strategy – Leading new business meetings, strategy and presentations as well as well as helping drive organic growth through innovative opportunities
- Team Leadership – Developing a new model of integrated and technology planning in order to make the agency more nimble and effective; and over time, developing a small planning team
- Thought Leadership – following emerging technologies; driving innovation and agency expansion in these areas; and writing thought pieces around communications, strategy and technology
- Financial Profitability – Managing the financials for strategy work including forecasts and reconciliations
Skills, Experience & Requirements:
- 10 to 20 years of agency experience managing a team, leading strategy and inspiring great work (ideally including a significant stint at London agencies)
- Excellent knowledge of planning tools, including digital tools specifically
- Both big picture / critical thinker and hands-on multi-tasker with attention to detail
- Great at simplifying innovation / technology
- Positive, inspiring leader who leads by example
- Passionate, driven and collaborative
This role would suit a Kiwi who has a significant amount of experience in London agencies, but who is now ready to return to New Zealand, bringing their learning and experience with them. In these current uncertain times, New Zealand citizenship would be an advantage in order to ensure a straight-forward relocation.
We apologise but we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful applications