Marketing Executive, Events
Euromoney Legal Media Group Events is looking for a talented Marketing Executive to take ownership of and work on marketing campaigns for a portfolio of high-value events across Europe, Asia and North America for all of Legal Media Group’s publication brands (IFLR, Managing IP and ITR). In doing so, the Marketing Executive is responsible for using a varied mix of marketing channels and innovative methods to clearly identify event USPs in order to drive delegate numbers and delegate revenue.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Own, develop and implement an effective multi-channel marketing strategy for assigned events. Includes email copy, email design, social media marketing, direct mail, website management, and campaign management and analysis
- Analysis of data management to realise effective delivery of targeted campaigns through increased personalisation
- Deliver against targeted number of free registrations and delegate revenue and exceed them
- Be the key responsible for managing registrations for assigned events
- Work to meet and come in below the marketing budget for assigned events and optimise ROI
- Work closely with various internal stakeholders, including the Head of Marketing, conference producers, managing editors, and internal designers to ensure each event is properly represented, benefits identified, adheres to brand guidelines and marketing is reaching the target market effectively.
- Manage external data suppliers and provide suitable data briefs to generate new delegate leads, both paid and free
- Arrange relevant contra deals with internal and external groups to maximise conference exposure and branding.
- Work with sponsors to fulfil delegate requirements of their contract and provide additional marketing support where necessary
Overseas travel to events may be required in order to develop a better working knowledge of events and to participate in delegate networking.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written English and proofing skills and a confident telephone manner
- Experience with campaign management - ability to prepare and execute marketing plans from start to finish
- Highly organised to keep to deadlines and to juggle more than one marketing campaign at a time.
- Experience in offline and online marketing including using social media
- Analytically minded to assess data quality and evaluate past campaign performance and produce meaningful analysis, on which to adapt future campaigns and activities
- Pro-active, self-starter attitude and confident manner to streamline current methods and propose new.
- Experience of using email marketing tools such as Mailchimp and Marketo
- Good working knowledge of HTML
- Experience of events marketing for B2B or exhibitions
- Experience with marketing database systems such as Salesforce