Head of Design
Head of Design, Central London, £58-65K DOE
Contract 3-6M with a view to permanency
Underscore is a full-service creative, branding, communications and digital agency working with future thinking brands that exist for a reason.
We are seeking an exceptionally well organised Head of Design to lead our talented team of designers. Successful applicants will have a relevant portfolio, great people skills and past experience of both project management and creative studio direction within a busy agency. This role would suit someone with creative passion, balanced by a strategic and commercial outlook, as well as a savvy digital mind to inspire the team towards future thinking.
The role requires excellent design skills, strong digital capabilities and your portfolio and experience will showcase just how proven and progressive you are. You will be an incredibly organised individual with proven project management skills, and your attitude will show us that you’re ready to lead our thriving agency to the next level.
We want someone who is comfortable with leading regular status meetings if required and you will have a deep understanding of best practice processes and procedures. We expect you to be the driver of the project, be a confident presenter and be an amazing designer. You will lead design on projects, working with teams and clients to develop design ideas and discover new opportunities.
You’ll be joining an award-winning team that buzzes with passion and ideas – inspired by our Oxford Street location and a constant flow of new briefs, all fuelled by team breakfasts, spontaneous lunches, and snacks on tap.
Key requirements of the role:
- Be able to work hands-on when needed across both print and digital projects, whilst happy managing and directing others
- Expert knowledge of UX/UI including user journey planning
- Concept generation based on a written brief
- Creative team management experience Initiating brainstorming within team
- Advanced skills in the tools of the trade such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Ability to demonstrate creativity through efficiently conceptualising, planning, producing, refining and/ or leading a diverse range of creative ideas/ concepts, specialised graphic and/ or illustrative material for team consideration against the set strategic brief
- Communicate effectively verbally as well as visually, presenting design rationale during internal/ external presentations/ critiques - engaging with internal senior level management and external clients
- Take pride in delivering large-scale projects on time and on budget
- 8+ years agency experience within the design / branding sector Strong communication skills
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Creative team management experience
If you’re a positive and ambitious Head of Design that wants to do amazing work, apply here along with your portfolio and a short cover email telling us why you’d be perfect for the role.
- Salary up to £65k, depending on calibre
- No recruitment agencies please.
- Portfolio upon application is a must.