Head of Communications – International Trade Association
Head of Communications – International Trade Association – Central London – To £100k
Central London-based international trade body seeks experienced Head of Communications to help shape departmental strategy and create and oversee delivery of dynamic marketing communications.
Strong B2B marketing and communications experience are essential. Previous experience with confidential or proprietary information is strongly preferred.
The incumbent is leaving in October therefore a September start date is desirable.
The Trade Association
This trade association is the global authority on a rare commodity. Its mission is to ensure the highest levels of leadership, integrity and transparency for the industry by setting standards and developing market services.
The Head of Communications role
Your role will be to develop and implement the communications strategy for the association.
Working closely with the CEO, leadership team and external partners, you will create and deliver dynamic marketing and communications that engage key stakeholders and align the association’s business vision and objectives.
Responsible for designing, resourcing and implementing the agreed strategic plan, this role requires leadership qualities including adaptability, flexibility, dependability and accountability. The role also provides an opportunity for ownership and entrepreneurial development of the department.
You will manage a team of 3-4 people who will assist you in the delivery of all marcoms with a new Digital Content Manager to be onboarded later in the year.
Roughly speaking, 60% of your time will be spent on external matters (including leadership, Board business, networking, strategy etc) with the remaining 40% managing your team to ensure all marcoms are delivered on time and to budget.
The role can be up to 3 days work from home. You will be required to work in the office a minimum of 2 days per week.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Create and ensure delivery of the marketing and comms strategy to support business priorities
- Develop and manage the marketing budgets and three-year forecasts
- Accountability for all external agency and third-party supplier relationships
- Manage the Marketing Communications and Events team in the delivery and development of all events (seminars, webinars, Annual Conference, Biennial events, etc)
- Accountability for the strategy, design, maintenance of the website, video resources and media
- Oversight of all PR communications collateral and activity, working closely with the PR Officer
- Assist CEO in the development and implementation of event programmes, sponsorship opportunities, advertising, marketing and communications
- Monitor key competitor communications to make recommendations on how to improve the current comms strategy
Experience and skills required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar senior position
- Previous experience with confidential or proprietary information strongly preferred
- Proven ability to manage staff, suppliers, projects and budgets
- Experience briefing senior leadership as to marketing, communication and events performance
- Superior attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and to change priorities quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to articulate information clearly to various audiences
- Strong skills in briefing senior leadership in marketing, comms and events performance
- Experience of and comfort in public speaking and media contact
- Collaborative team player with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently and to handle a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Commitment to operational excellence
- Comfortable meeting new people with the ability to make a positive impression and inspire your own team
Remuneration and benefits
The base salary is £90-£100k depending on experience plus a generous set of benefits commensurate with such a position.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
Apply for Head of Communications – International Trade Association
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly