Senior / PR Account Manager
Senior / PR Account Manager - Young Brand Strategy & Communications Agency - Central London
This is a dream job for anyone who wishes they could have more impact in their current agency...
It's your opportunity to join a boutique, growing, well-backed start-up marketing communications business. One that has been set up to reward employees and ensure you grow as they do. Their investors are very excited about the technology that underpins their agency, which ensures that their clients have full visibility when it comes to cross channel performance and effectiveness.
Our client is based in Oxford Street (after lockdown!). They are looking for a talented, ambitious Senior / PR Manager to join them on a permanent basis, helping develop and implement PR solutions for a range of their clients.
As a PR Consultant you will bring specific PR/media relations experience to the team. With the help of the in-house technology, you will be responsible for delivering PR programmes and driving activity day-to-day across several clients and projects. But you will spend most of your time coming up with ideas, stories and advice that go above-and-beyond the expectations of our clients.
- Client management: you will be working with clients every day, listening to their issues and providing solutions.
- Creative thinking and strategic advice: there will not be a day that goes by where you aren't spending time coming up with creative ideas to solve their clients' biggest problems, whether that is how to amplify a new product launch or how to navigate a tricky reputational issue. This is their absolute focus and what sets us apart.
- Content: you will be working with the in-house tech to hone content and content strategy clients. You will have an earned PR focus but also be able to advise fluidly across paid, owned and social.
- New business and marketing: Everyone at the agency 'sells' because we fundamentally believe in the problems the industry faces and the solutions they are building to solve them. You will play a key part in growing the business by supporting marketing activity, writing your own content, attending events and conferences, and creating thought leadership.
- Systems management: we use the best tech in the business to get the job done - so you won't be doing what you'd expect from a role at a normal agency. You'll be managing this tech so that it works best for our clients, and turning this into creative ideas, insight and constant advice.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Media relations expertise: you will have a wide-ranging knowledge of PR and media tactics and best practice. You will constantly keep ahead of the latest developments and be eager to learn all the time.
- Generalist PR experience: you will be as comfortable handling corporate announcements and providing strategic advice as you are thinking about creative concepts for clients.
- Relationships and track record: you will have a good knowledge of the media landscape with established relationships and demonstrable coverage delivery in the past.
- Independence: The culture is about getting the job done, it's not about a 9-5 job in the office. They want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development, and careers. They trust you to do your job and put in 110% - and for that, they provide a culture of ultimate flexibility and trust.
- Communications: you will have strong communication skills with a focus on both intra- and inter-team collaboration.
- Writing: you are a strong writer with an ability to think and create at pace.
- A creative mindset: They need people who have ideas and are not afraid to share them. People who can think about the problems and challenges their clients face and how they can drive real insight and intelligence that helps them to solve them.
What will you get in return?
In addition to a very competitive starting salary, you will also receive the below benefits:
- The opportunity to join the employee share option scheme.
- A radically transparent bonus structure, where you could receive up to 30% of salary depending on company and personal performance.
- They also contribute some of their outperformance to charitable causes - and you help choose those causes.
- A new business bonus for any new clients you win for the company.
- Bonus for any new staff you refer.
- Matched pension contribution.
- Unlimited holiday and flexible working.
- The day off (guaranteed) for your birthday.
- A day off (also guaranteed) if you need to move house.
- Wellness/mindfulness time within working hours every week for those that want it