Direct Marketing Manager, Loyalty
2 days left
Job Title: Direct Marketing Manager, Loyalty
Job Category: Fundraising
Location: Central London with flexible working. Age UK’s office is currently closed and will open from 1st September 2020
Salary: £35k to £38k + excellent benefits
Agreement Type: Permanent Full Time
There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK fundraising team. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic. Calls to our trusted Advice Line have doubled and requests for telephone friendship have treble. We have been moved by the public support for our Coronavirus Emergency Appeal, but we must raise vital future funds to ensure we can be there to help and support older people as they rebuild their lives.
Our Fundraising team has an ambition to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years. We are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
We’re looking for a manager in our Individual Marketing Loyalty team who will help to deliver a best-in-class loyalty programme that inspires supporters to continue to support the work of Age UK, which is pivotal to our strategy. The Loyalty team work across a variety of direct marketing channels to deliver campaigns, develop multi-touchpoint journeys and grow supporter loyalty. Using audience insight we find the moments that are important for supporters and understand their motivations to best engage them with our cause. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has experience working in a direct marketing retention programme in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. In this role you will be able to develop your management skills, fundraising skills, strategic thinking and work as part of an ambitious and collegiate individual marketing team.
This opportunity would best suit a supporter/customer loyalty specialist who has direct marketing experience in growing supporter lifetime value as well as managing a team (desirable, not compulsory). We’re looking for someone who can coach, empower and motivate a team, whilst providing strategic direction.
- Manage and monitor the business plan and budget for your areas of responsibility across loyalty initiatives
- Responsible for building the strategy, briefing and working with Executives to deliver Loyalty campaigns.
- Responsible for ensuring that all campaigns within your team are project managed to deliver quality, high performance communications in budget, with appropriate response handling processes and on-going programmes delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Complete monthly financial reporting.
- Responsible for effective line management of two Direct Marketing Executives.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and departments to ensure opportunities for innovation are explored, improvement to business performance, supporter satisfaction and lifetime value is at the forefront of the programme.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers
- Have a good understanding of Charity and data protection legislation and meet relevant Fundraising Regulator, DMA, TPS & Charity Commission guidelines.
- Take a bold approach to innovation, continually look to test and learn to grow donor Loyalty.
We can offer:
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- A fantastic pension
- Health cash plan
- Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits