Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Category: Fundraising
Location: Central London with flexible working. Age UK’s office is currently closed and will open from 1st September 2020
Salary: £34K- £40K plus benefits
Agreement Type: Permanent Full Time
There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK fundraising team. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the current pandemic. Calls to our trusted Advice Line have doubled and requests for telephone friendship have treble. We have been moved by the public support for our Coronavirus Emergency Appeal, but we must raise vital future funds to ensure we can be there to help and support older people as they rebuild their lives.
Our Fundraising team has an ambition to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years. We are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
About the role
The corporate partnerships team is riding high on the success of our award-winning partnership with Cadbury and some recent six & seven-figure partnership wins. The coronavirus crisis has presented an urgent and immediate opportunity to work with businesses to help older people.
We are now seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join the expanding Corporate Partnerships team and help meet an ambitious income target through the development of innovative corporate partnerships.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building a pipeline of strategic corporate partnership opportunities – across the full corporate partnerships mix - developing these relationships, turning them into successful and profitable long-term corporate partnerships.
You will need solid experience in a similar role or environment, ideally within new business fundraising.
Skills & Knowledge:
- You should be a tenacious new business fundraiser (or sales or marketing professional) who's great at building relationships, spotting opportunities and running with them.
- You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to write great proposals, lead productive meetings and create inspiring pitches.
- You've got a strong grasp of what it takes to build mutually beneficial, long-lasting, genuinely profitable charity-corporate partnerships.
- You are passionate about making life better for older people. And crucially you can see how corporate partnerships can help Age UK do this.
We can offer:
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- A fantastic pension
- Health cash plan
- Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits