Creative Strategy Director - digital and brand up to £80k
Can you help a brand change direction in this volatile market and make its products and services compelling to customers both on and offline? Can you articulate new propositions for customers, using language to help shape and define the tone of voice of a brand and paint a vision of where a brand could be? Do you have passion and drive to change businesses?
This is a digital agency specialising in brand engagement. The team do big agency work with a small agency culture. Strategically-led, creatively driven and technologically passionate, this growing team work closely together towards one goal – to deliver impactful work that has the power to transform brands.
The team is 80 strong, consisting of strategists, designers, developers, motion artists and more. It is a collaborative, fun, ambitious and non-hierarchical. People who thrive here are those who are happy to grasp responsibility, work collaboratively and push through those tricky phases with positivity and determination.
Creative Strategy Director
Are you a strategic thinker with strong creative flair? Are you passionate about branding and customer experience? If so, we’re keen to hear from you.
This is proving to be a busy year for this agency, and they are looking for a creative strategist to further strengthen their strategic capabilities. In this role you’ll be leading client engagements in partnership with client service and creative team members. You’ll be an inspiring force who knows how to combine branding, digital customer journeys and creativity; a highly collaborative and communicative person who knows how to take the client – and the team – on the journey with you.
You’ll be right at the coalface, working closely with clients to set strategic goals, getting closer to their customers and developing strategic frameworks and writing consumer-facing messaging.
If you’re up for taking the lead and building value, this could be the perfect role for you. You’ll have the autonomy to sit in the driving seat to inspire clients and the team around you to make great work really happen.
Creative Strategic Director – responsibilities
- Act as a lead strategist on key client engagements, with a focus on digital branding, content and digital customer experience (B2B and B2C).
- Get close to the client’s business, their challenges and their goals, and fully understand how the team can support their ambitions.
- Work with the client services team to identify and action opportunities to extend the client relationships.
- Carry out research into the client’s business, their market and customers to augment existing client knowledge.
- Lead projects across content strategy, digital branding, content creation and messaging.
- Develop and articulate product and service propositions for clients
- Identify content opportunities across the client’s digital ecosystem (with a focus on owned channels) and how these channels support customer journeys and business goals
- Lead, motivate and take team members (client and agency) on the journey to deliver outstanding results.
- Run and facilitate great workshops and co-creation sessions – both internally and with the client.
- Work closely with team members across all disciplines to ensure the vision has been translated throughout implementation.
- Support agency business development activities (pitches, articles etc).
- You need to be a strategist with strong foundations in digital customer service, branding and messaging. This is not a campaign planner role.
Background and skills
- At least 5 years’ experience working on digital programmes for major clients. You may have done this within a digital, brand or brand experience agency.
- A very strong ability to understand and articulate clients’ business challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience with content strategy and creative strategy and a strong understanding of brand strategy.
- A very good understanding of digital channels and customer journey planning.
- Strong copywriting skills, with a proven ability to develop propositions and messaging for clients.
- Ability to engage, inspire and lead senior client stakeholders.
- A good understanding of how to leverage customer research and data in strategy projects.
- Highly collaborative – always putting the client and the team first.