This is a genuine opportunity for a client focused strategy director to play a key role in helping to sustain the further success of an established agency.
Our client is a successful strategic and communications agency. They have a long standing reputation for their quality of work, spanning a variety of challenging sectors. An opportunity has arisen to take the helm of their strategic offering. However, this is far more than just assuming strategic leadership. We are looking for someone who wants to play a fundamental part in shaping and growing the business; from helping to mould their offer, diversifying their client portfolio, developing new systems and processes, as well as inspiring a team and clients.
For the selected candidate, there will be a path to board membership and share options.
The agency work with a mix of B2B and B2C clients in hospitality, energy, real estate and finance and they're looking for an ambitious leader to guide and inspire the existing strategy team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Be the voice of strategy in the agency, leading and inspiring the team and wider agency to deliver strategic excellence for clients
- Help to shape the vision and strategy of the business alongside the business owners
- Play a key role in helping to win new business.
- Managing the development, performance, and reviews of the strategy team
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with clients, taking a key role in meetings
- Spot opportunities and challenges that will help the smooth running of a project and ensure that accounts are continually developed
- To oversee all key strategic projects and pitches, suggesting suitable resources, designating responsibilities and time frames
- To sign-off all creative briefs and champion good creative brief writing whilst also sense checking all key creative work against a brief and provide clear and constructive creative direction
Personal and professional attributes:
- The agency's output works at roughly 20% brand building, 80% execution across content, comms and campaign planning. We are looking for an individual with a good balance of experience to reflect this.
- You’ll need to demonstrate that you are a smart creative thinker
- An efficient and empathetic leader, who is aware and considerate of their approach, with previous management experience
- Someone who can make confident and informed judgements, demonstrating a mature outlook
- As an independent mid-size agency, an open-minded individual who is used to a collaborative approach will suit this position
- This agency works predominantly in B2B, so experience in this will be beneficial. They are looking to expand beyond B2B into new sectors.
Rare Career Coaching
You might also be interested in Rare Coaching which focuses on career coaching. There is a lot of flexibility in how this service works and we are able to adapt to a variety of client needs. So for example, some people find they need lots of help at the initial stages of 'what's next?' and so we work with them to generate ideas, explore who they are and what matters most to them. Other people already have an idea of what they want to do and so the focus of the coaching sessions is more about how they achieve that.
We're happy to arrange an initial, no fee conversation to explore how Career Coaching might help you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to this email.
Apply for Strategy Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly