Executive Director of Client Experience
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science. Our partnerships with universities and leading organisations enable us to bring the best academic thinking into the solutions we offer our clients.
As our Executive Director of Client Experience, you will run our Account Management, Client Strategy and Project Leadership departments. Through the Account Management and Client Strategy teams you will be responsible for ensuring that we grow our relationships with our clients and can offer them solutions that drive their businesses forward and fit their goals. You will work closely with our Service Delivery team to help design services and our Product team to help plan products that keep our clients ahead of their competition.
Through the Project Leadership team, you will also look after day to day relationships and delivery across all our clients. Ensuring appropriate planning and monitoring of work and time, project profitability, and delivery to an excellent standard, you will work closely with the Campaign Management, Data Science and Development teams.
A senior role overseeing multiple departments, the Executive Director of Client Experience will personally hold executive sponsorship on some of our clients and maintain senior client relationships across the agency. You will represent the needs of our clients in our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and to our Board of Directors. As a result, your influence within Profusion will spread beyond the departments you lead, and shape our services, products and market positioning.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
You will run the Account Management, Client Strategy and Project Leadership departments. You will have responsibility for client relationships, strategy, revenue growth and project delivery.
- Design and embed a client success strategy and approach for the organisation, ensuring your teams and the broader teams all understand the role they have to play in delivering this.
- Shape, lead and grow the Account Management team to deliver and exceed their targets.
- Lead and develop the Project Leadership team to be commercially minded with a focus on customer success and ensuring timely and profitable delivery on all client briefs. Ensure appropriate monitoring of progress, deadlines and profitability.
- Build and nurture senior client relationships, engage the CEO and the subject matter experts on the SLT effectively to support you to do so. Act as the executive sponsor on major clients.
- Identify new stakeholders and opportunities for new business within existing clients and work with the Strategy team to present new ideas and solutions to clients.
- Support on new business pitches, including helping to respond to RFPs and client proposals.
- Accurately forecast existing client revenues and growth opportunities, ensuring accurate real time data and reporting to SLT and the Board.
- Drive operational excellence to further develop ways of working and processes for account management and customer success within Profusion, making the processes more effective and efficient, and ensuring data is consistently tracked and acted on.
- Champion the use of our internal systems, such as our customer relationship and resource management tools, to drive energy efficiency.
- Work with your teams to build and own account plans per client and the budget required to deliver them.
- Help our Strategy team to understand our clients’ goals, and work closely with them to develop the right solutions for the client.
- Shape Company strategy, working with the Service Delivery, Product and Partnerships and Strategy teams to ensure we create the right services and products and build effective partnerships to meet our clients’ current and future needs.
- Champion our new, growing Data Academy and drive engagement from our existing clients, working closely with the Head of Education and Philanthropy.
- Sponsor Company growth projects as required as a member of the SLT.
- Provide appropriate briefings to the Board and the CEO.
- Any other ad hoc responsibilities that may be reasonably required in the performance of your duties.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You should have extensive experience managing and growing complex client relationships and projects, including managing the teams who hold the hands-on relationships. Digital agency or digital consultancy projects – or a variety of senior in-house digital projects experience – is beneficial. You should have some awareness of digital marketing disciplines or understand how the use of data and optimisation can deliver on client goals.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management or client-side equivalent experience.
- A proven background in digital led consulting, with an in-depth knowledge of data and analytics preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in creating new strategic approaches to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrable experience in meeting or exceeding revenue targets or equivalent.
- Strong experience of managing, developing and coaching colleagues across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of growing internal teams and departments in line with a company’s strategic objectives and commercial growth plans.
- Experience of writing winning proposals, RFPs and being involved in face to face pitches.
- We predominantly work across Marketing, Data and HR teams therefore experience of working with or within one or multiple of these teams is preferred, with awareness of client marketing ecosystems and processes a strong preference.
- Relevant client-side equivalent experience to the above will be considered along with agency/consultancy backgrounds.
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level.
- The ability to persuade and influence at the most senior levels, internally and externally.
- A strong relationship builder.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commercially minded, ability to spot potential opportunities for both short term and long term revenue.
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints.
- A data-led approach, using MI to drive business objectives and growth targets.
- Strong time management, able to manage multiple client projects and multiple teams.
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and goal driven.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and quickly build trust within the business.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and develop junior team members and develop their careers.