Senior Account Director
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science. Our partnerships with universities and leading organisations enable us to bring the best academic thinking into the solutions we offer our clients.
As a Senior Account Director, you will be responsible for managing relationships with some of our most high-profile clients, advising and supporting them on transformational data projects and email marketing campaigns to help increase customer engagement and optimising their operations. As the most senior account director you will be expected to drive delivery of our client strategy and develop new relationships at the highest level within existing and new clients. You will ensure that the rest of the Client and Strategy team are working together to maximise accounts and coordinate resources needed to service projects, build delivery plans and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of data driven projects. You will be expected to successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially, while working collaboratively with our new business team and ensuring that revenue targets are met and exceeded. You will be experienced in developing and discussing both technical and creative solutions for potential clients, whether this is BI, marketing or data science solutions.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
You will lead our most critical and high potential client relationships and be responsible for the delivery of the client’s goals from our team, working alongside our strategists, project leads, campaign delivery teams, data scientists, engineers and visualisers, clients and client agencies. You will be pivotal to helping our clients exceed their business objectives, through the use of data insights, customer intelligence, multi-channel best practice, expertise and innovation.
- Manage a portfolio of the most strategic clients, taking responsibility for growing revenue and drive business growth through existing clients
- Taking a lead in clients’ marketing, BI and data science solutions
- Working with the strategy team and project leads to provide the utmost level of client service and maximising revenue opportunities.
- Be responsible and accountable for the success of our projects in delivering our clients’ goals, on delivery and ongoing.
- Unlocking relationships within our clients’ businesses with Profusion staff
- Forecast, measure and report on revenues and margin for your accounts
- Overcome objections and blockers to account growth
- Liaising with senior client stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, building long-lasting relationships
- Working with other senior managers to generate new accounts
- Ensuring the client projects that you are responsible for are completed to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Using your skills to advise clients and push clients creatively and strategically
- Developing a proactive account plan for your accounts in order to meet targets
- With the heads of department, to motivate and support the client-centric delivery teams in delivering an outstanding service in order to retain and grow all customer accounts taking responsibility for the quality of work carried out
- To produce and monitor accurate and clear scenario planning and forecasting
- Support the client-centric teams in the on-boarding of strategic new clients and be up to date with and have a view on the current and future trends within your client’s industry to be able to successfully offer valuable solutions.
- Any other ad hoc responsibilities that may reasonably be required
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You should have experience in digital marketing and data insight across a number of channel disciplines and a deep understanding of data analytics, data science and multi- channel marketing. You will be able to apply your smart thinking and data insights to developing and optimising operations and customer engagement across a number of client industries.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong and proven experience in a digital agency managing and expanding client accounts
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management, with senior stakeholders in large corporate and global organisations, as well as high potential start- ups and SMEs.
- A proven background in digital led consulting, with in depth knowledge of data and analytics
- Demonstrable experience in meeting or exceeding revenue targets and growing existing account to profitability
- Strong experience of managing, developing and coaching colleagues across multi- disciplinary teams
- Proven experience of managing and supporting other members of the account team to overachieve targets and expend accounts
- Experience of writing and winning high value proposals, RFPs and being involved in face to face pitches
- Experience in digital marketing and/or data science / analytics
- Agency or consultancy background preferred, however relevant client-side experience will be considered
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- The ability to form strong and lasting stakeholder relationship up to c-suite level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Confident communicator, whether on the phone to a cold lead or in a face to face pitch
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Commercially minded, ability to spot potential opportunities for both short term and long term revenue, ensuring potential opportunities are profitable for the business
- Strong time management, able to manage multiple client projects
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and goal driven
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and quickly build trust within the business
How to apply:
If you are passionate about a career in the digital sector and managing high profile clients and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (Closing date for applications is 16th August 2020).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.