Senior and Principal Medical Writers – London or Oxford
Senior and Principal Medical Writers – London or Oxford – To £65k
Unprecedented growth has created openings for Principal and Senior Medical Writers with a leading network of medical communications agencies.
The Principal Medical Writer role ideally requires five or more years’ agency experience, at least two of those as a Senior Medical Writer, while Senior Medical Writers should have at least three years’ med comms experience.
This network offers flexible hours, partial remote working and your choice of office location – London or Oxford.
One of the largest global networks in healthcare communications, it provides strategic, integrated comms solutions for its clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharma, healthcare and medical device industries.
Its six agencies employ communication specialists across med ed, med comms, advertising, digital, PR and market access.
Their approach to med ed is founded on expertise that combines biomedical science, learning theory and behaviour change to create impactful medical and professional education.
The writing roles
These roles require the ability to craft and deliver campaigns and materials based on scientific and strategic understanding, and an interpretation of product attributes and data.
A key part will be ensuring the scientific integrity and editorial quality of content across numerous accounts and disciplines by setting the standard for the internal team and mentoring and line managing junior members of the editorial team.
This is a group of integrated agencies and successful candidates should offer solutions beyond the traditional.
- Proven Principal or Senior Copywriter with strong experience in the medical arena
- Experience within a med ed / med comms agency
- Excellent understanding of pharma regulations, eg ABPI, GPP3, ICMJE
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning, interpreting, and communicating medical data in visual and written outputs, adapted for a range of different audiences
- Strong evidence of leadership and role model behaviours
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, and demonstrated ability to relate scientific understanding to a client’s strategic needs
- Proven ability to work well in a busy, deadline-driven environment
Salary and benefits
- Salary to £65k depending on experience
- An unrivalled set of benefits including generous holiday allowance, flexible working and sabbatical
To be considered for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.