TMW Business London is looking for the next award-winning editorial director, keen to let your expertise, imagination make an impact in the industry.
We are a full-service content marketing agency for B2B and technology businesses – we work with incredible clients, helping them to set their content vision, shape their short and long-term content strategy, produce their incredible multi-media content (of course), and we help them to establish best practice processes and implement strategic programs and campaigns for the UK and EMEA region.
We are fast-growing our reputation and our client base, and we’re looking for an exceptional leader with a passion for content to deliver stand-out strategy, sparkling creative thinking and superior standards to set our agency apart
What you will do…
- Client consultation - leading the discussion with the client; articulating their strategic purpose and requirements - providing the high-level input and advice that defines a successful strategy
- Strategic lead in developing strategy for content and campaign architecture, with a focus on editorial storylines and angles that stand out from the crowd - it’s usually about the “words”
- Developing positioning, messaging and value propositions
- Leading the content team in storytelling, defining the story and creative thinking
- Internal editorial lead - responsible for quality, standards, accuracy of all TMW Business London content outputs
- Managing and inspiring our in-house team of specialist content writers and producers
- Getting stuck in on copywriting where needed, to originate, edit and improve across all forms of content-we need you to be hands on, we are a small team.
- We’ll also expect you to take a leadership role in other agency initiatives: -- new business support, planning, marketing and contribute to other cross-discipline planning areas including media planning, marketing automation planning etc
What you will need to succeed…
- Deep B2B IT industry knowledge; able to quickly grasp new technologies and their context within the overall business environment
- Expert familiarity with content marketing principles, it is likely that you will have PR, Journalistic or pure play content marketing background
- Understanding of visual content and creative; understanding of the digital marketing intersections with content, for instance, SEO, paid media etc
- Consulting at the highest-level on client strategy for content and storylines
- Brand-level positioning experience, ability to create messaging and conversation maps
- Ability to brief a team of multi-discipline specialists where content will be applied
- Exceptional copywriting skills, ability to edit, provide constructive feedback
- Inspire a team to greatness in all forms of content and copywriting, on-the-job coaching and development of the internal specialists
- Experience working with multi-media content, ideally a keen watcher of new and emerging content marketing formats and techniques
- Experienced working with buyer personas and content journey planning
- Experience in running client workshops, or consulting with clients to challenge their thinking and agree the optimum storyline
- Planning expertise, able to create well structured, compelling strategy documents for client review
- Hands-on experience with content marketing planning and application to marketing automation is an advantage
This is us…
The TMW story is born out of the many successes we’ve created for our clients over the past 30 years, and now encompasses offices in London, Bristol and Reading, with clients all over the world.
We create ideas that move people.
We believe that ideas should work everywhere and that brilliant results are what really matter. We combine deep digital and advertising expertise, a strong heritage in CRM and award-winning creativity to make it all happen.
TMW is proudly part of UNLIMITED, a fully integrated agency group with human understanding at its heart. Through our Human Understanding Lab, we uncover behaviour-led insights that power performance and create a genuine business advantage for our clients.
What we value…
Together, we put people first and believe our values make us who we are.
Give a Damn: We care about each other, our clients and our work. And this shines through everything we do.
Be Brave: We believe in challenging each other, in standing up, in speaking out. We believe in trying new and difficult things in order to make ourselves and our work better.
Stay Curious: We actively seek out the new and the unusual, finding inspiration everywhere in the world around us.
Take Pride: We are open, accepting and inclusive, and we support each other on our journey to reach our true potential. We are actively working to ensure that we as an agency more fully reflect the society around us.
What we give…
A thriving career with the chance to learn from passionate, talented colleagues and mentors. Exciting and varied client work with as much opportunity as you can handle. And a hugely sociable team to get to know.
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the benefits you can enjoy as part of the team. Some of these are location-based, so be sure to check with your recruitment contact if you want confirmation on anything in particular.
- 23+ days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Volunteer day and Birthday day off
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on. Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 4th September 2020
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
As an equal opportunities workplace, we have a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, socio-economic status, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, neuro divergence, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. Whether you’re just getting your foot in the door, or you are an experienced employee whose life circumstances are shifting, we are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world we want to live in and are therefore flexible to accommodate each individual's needs as best as we can.