Marketing and Business Development Manager
Marketing and Business Development Manager
Imagine working somewhere where your individuality is celebrated, your efforts are recognised by everyone, and you feel you’re making a real difference every day. A place where you’re positively encouraged and supported to learn and grow. An environment that inspires you to take ownership (because everyone trusts you to do your job brilliantly). And a place that puts fulfilment, happiness and wellbeing at the top of its priority list.
You don’t need to imagine. This is day-to-day life at H&H.
We’re a fast-growing, ambitious and energetic employee communication and engagement agency. Our reach extends across the globe and we partner with some of the world's biggest brands.
By creating new possibilities so that others can see what’s possible for them, we’re positively transforming the way that people interact, connect and communicate at work. Awarded the UK’s Best Agency title an unpreceded eight times, and with stacks of Best Programme awards, our approach is both strategically sound and super creative.
With many high-profile clients and masses of opportunities on the horizon,
we’ve got big growth plans and are looking for a talented and energetic Marketing and Business Development manager to help us maintain our stand out position in the market.
In this key role, you’ll be responsible for driving the full marketing mix - raising the profile of H&H to all its key audiences and bringing our culture, capabilities and vast experience to life across a range of channels. You’ll constantly be on the look out for new ways to promote our business, shape our portfolio, identify emerging market opportunities and drive our ambitious growth plans.
Given the significance of this role, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about the power of marketing, buzzing with energy and who is comfortable flexing from big picture thinking to hands-on execution.
To succeed in this role, we expect that you’ve already got a number of successful strategic and tactical marketing and business development programmes under your belt. More specifically, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to execute above and below the line marketing strategies with clear measurable outcomes
- Solid experience of a diverse and innovative range of marketing activities covering everything from top level brand positioning to social media programmes and PR
- An ability to manage longer term priorities while still responding to emerging, quick win opportunities - managing a range of activities simultaneously, ensuring they stay on track and are delivered against agreed timeframes
- Strength in proactively building trusting relationships with stakeholders and clients including industry bodies and influencers.
- Be adept to identifying relevant industry and business awards and create strategic and creative responses, including robust rationale on the approach taken
- Demonstrate confidence and thoughtfulness when dealing with people across all levels of an organisation, including senior leadership teams
- Set and work to the highest standards
- And it kind of goes without saying – you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills!
And if the following also sounds like you, then you’ll positively thrive here in our fast-paced (but super exciting) culture!
- You’re a natural problem solver and can create simple and powerful approaches
- You can build relationships quickly and easily, instilling genuine confidence and trust, and can read situations and individuals astutely
- You’re naturally agile and are attuned to working at pace (think Usain Bolt!)
- You’re versatile, flexing easily from ‘big picture’ strategy to tactical detail and planning
- You’re able to articulate ideas, concepts and narratives clearly and imaginatively – both verbally and written
- You’re highly collaborative and work fluidly with others to create and deliver the best possible outcomes
- You don’t sit on your laurels – you’re curious, always looking for better ways of doing things and seeking to grow by trying out new things. Going outside your comfort zone is a given
- You take responsibility for your own happiness and never wait for others to motivate you
Perhaps you’ve been working in a marketing or business development role in-house (possibly but not necessarily in a service-related industry) and are ready for a new challenge? Or you might already be working in an agency or consultancy and feel it’s time for a change. Wherever you are right now, let’s chat, because sometimes the grass is greener…
So if you’re ready for a new adventure and can demonstrate some or all of the above, then get in touch with us. If it works out and we’re a great fit, then we’ll find a package that works for you (which will include benefits such as private healthcare, flexible working, contributory pension, gym membership, personal development and profit share).
We’re totally flexible on where you’re based (it’s your skills and personality we’re after) but if you do pine for an office environment, we’ve got a magnificent working location – a grand 18th-Century hall with peacocks on the lawns, and a whisper of Darcy emerging from the centuries-old trees…..
What to do now?
1. Send us a little video clip (just a minute or so) introducing yourself. You might want to tell us what makes you, you, and why you think you’re the person we’re looking for.
2. Shine up your CV and send it along with your video clip to our Michelle by clicking on Apply.
This could be the best decision you make all year!