Medical Writer / Senior Medical Writer – Integrated Healthcare Agency
Medical Writer / Senior Medical Writer – Integrated Healthcare Agency – Central London – To £55k
This integrated med comms agency is a standout player in its field. Now the team needs a talented Medical Writer or Senior Medical Writer to work on a range of healthcare accounts.
This integrated healthcare agency takes a creative approach to everything it does. The team is brimming with talent from diverse specialisms: advertising and marketing, behaviour change, medical education, data, digital engagement, content and creative services.
Fostering a truly entrepreneurial culture, it encourages and supports everyone to bring their best ideas to their clients. You will be joining a company whose people, values and commitment to communications excellence set it apart from the competition.
The Medical Writer / Senior Medical Writer role
The agency is looking for an experienced Medical Writer to deliver and manage written client work within a team of medical education experts.
You will be primarily responsible for developing and writing CPD articles, slide sets, clinical papers, training modules, advisory board reports, review articles, manuscripts, and other clinical based written materials.
- Educated to at least degree level in a bio-medical or life sciences discipline
- 2+ years’ experience as a medical writer either with a medical communications agency (preferable), freelance or within pharma
- Medical writing excellence and an understanding of the principles of good practice (eg Good Publication Practice 2 [GPP2] and European Medical Writers Association guidelines and ISMPP Professional Medical Writer ethics)
- A broad understanding of clinical medicine and experience working on in evidence-based medicine editorial
- A good team player with the ability to maintain strong client and external third-party relationships
- Proven track record of co-ordinating or working within an editorial team
- A creative, ‘can do’ outlook with attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication, project planning, organisational and time-management skills
- Flexibility to devise and implement solutions to meet client needs
- Good presentation skills
Salary and benefits
- A true work / life balance and a salary to £55k depending on experience
- A 7.5 hour working day with lite-flex start and finish – start between 8am and 10am, finish between 4:30pm and 6:30pm
- The flexibility to work from home
- 25 days’ holiday per year and bank holidays. After three years’ service an extra 1.5 days’ holiday, plus 0.5 day per additional year completed up to 30 days total. On top of that, there is additional time off over Christmas
- When the office reopens, a full social programme will resume: weekly Friday bar, annual Christmas and Summer parties, book and TV clubs, a subsidised on-site café, an in-house mental health e-support team and local gym discount
Medical Writers and Senior Medical Writers with solid med comms agency experience, please get in touch.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.