Head of Insight & Strategy
We are looking for another brilliant mind to join a lovely agency team, based primarily in London, as Head of Insight & Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Strategy Partner and working very closely with the Head of Client Partnerships, you will become another fundamental part of the brains of the operation, focused on gathering and interrogating deep market knowledge of each sector they are working in and making this accessible to the wider team. You will be delivering strategic client work, including facilitating workshops, writing and presenting research and planning decks and putting integrity into the creative briefs through crafting brilliant propositions. You will not be afraid of interrogating work to test its rigour and will be instrumental in pushing their thinking to keep the work fresh, impactful and exciting.
Your knowledge of how digital channels continue to change the world means that you’ll share your insight into how creative and strategic ideas translate across existing and emerging digital channels, plus you’ll know how to measure effectiveness across on and offline activities.
You will also explore and research new territory as we gain clients in different market spaces or help their existing clients to reposition. Your role in the new business side of things will mean using your talent for spotting opportunities and writing the proposals to sell them in. You’ll be confident in pitches, regularly forming part of the presentation team that showcases the very best of the agency.
And if you enjoy writing thought-leadership and opinion pieces that help to boost the profile of the agency – even better! You’ll have access to a bunch of research tools to gather insight, turning this into useful, meaningful knowledge for their clients and the wider team.
In return you’ll become part their small, friendly and highly effective agency. Their size means you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a whole variety of projects, keeping your work varied and interesting. They offer a competitive salary and invest in your development, providing training budget and supporting you in finding interesting events to keep you brimming with inspiration. They have regular agency away days for a bit of collective learning and to let off some steam. And the team are absolutely lovely, so you’ll be joining a warm and welcoming environment.
Skillset & experience
- Experience of marketing strategy, insight and planning from either an Agency or Client perspective, ideally both.
- Thinks critically and strategically to set direction and guide innovation in our work.
- Organisationally and operationally savvy.
- Effectively collaborates on pitch teams, able to develop and deliver dynamic presentations that demonstrate the value of our thinking and outputs.
- Strong understanding of brand building and positioning as well as knowledge of tracking and monitoring brands in the market.
- Knowledge of current and emerging digital channels and their likely effectiveness.
- Likely to have a deep understanding of global digital and branding trends, and able to bring a broader perspective to our work.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to primary client contacts, both verbally and in writing to an exceptionally high standard
- Ability to review vast amounts of research, synthesize and draw relevant conclusions.
- Demonstrates ability to be both strategic and tactical.
- Proficiency leading research efforts and working with a primary research agency.
- Ability to craft and present a compelling narrative or story.
- Contributes to knowledge sharing by writing thought pieces or attending conferences.
- Comfortable working on their own, and as part of the team.
- Likely to have learnt their planning craft in a more structured agency, potentially with time spent outside of the UK to build a global perspective and is now ready to work in a more flexible environment.
- Insight gathering to support a re-brand.
- Fintechs – B2B and B2C insight and proposition development leading to brand development and marketing campaigns.
- Proposition development, primary research and development of brand narrative.
- High street photo retailer – insight leading to digital campaign development.