Events Logistics Executive
You will have worked for 2 years (min) experience on events in the financial services sector, ideally in the institutional space. You will come from either an Asset Manager as part of an internal events team/channel marketing team there or from a Financial Publisher as part of an internal events team. Our client is a media, community and events business – developed specifically for the institutional pensions industry. They care deeply about helping to solve the pensions and savings crisis by creating a centre of excellence for education and collaboration. They work to help remove unnecessary barriers among disparate groups within the pensions industry.
You will understand the nuts and bolts of how a financial services event works in person and online.
This role plays a key part in delivery of their Events product portfolio. We are looking for someone with previous event experience. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to catch every detail, be calm under pressure and have a passion for organizing events. As Events executive you will work towards ensuring all our events are delivered on time, on budget and as per client expectation.
You will be liaising directly with venue suppliers and clients and therefore a good communication skills need to be excellent and will need to collaborate with internal teams including, but not limited to Event Operations, Event Marketing, Sales, Delegate Recruitment & Finance department. This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right person who is looking for their next busy and challenging Events career opportunity.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Pre-event management (communicating on the day layouts, catering, set ups and other event details)
• Managing and creating our online logistics packs
• Organizing venue briefs for internal teams as well as for the venues with an emphasis on creating our floorplans for each event
• When part of the travel team – some of your responsibilities will include assisting with on the day venue set up, monitoring our in-house registration system and dealing with breakdowns.
• Managing day-to-day communication with our delegates
• Control costs and manage all payments pertaining to your event, all event cost will need to be broken down by product.
• Other assigned duties as required.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an event role
• Quick-thinking, thorough and responsive team player with very strong attention to detail
• Good problem solving and time management skills, ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships internally and externally
• Quick to learn new systems, both bespoke and off-the-shelf
• Creative mind-set and outlook
• Excellent organisational skills and high sense of urgency
• Ability to work across multiple events efficiently
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally and away from London for a minimum of two weeks at a time.
• Fluent in English. Additional European languages would be advantageous