Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
A new role and a key hire for an ambitious gaming hardware business.
The speed read:
Our client is in the gaming/tech sector. This is an opportunity to create and develop a yearly marketing and communications plan and lead in their delivery. You will be strategic and hands on.
- You don’t need experience in the sectors (although an interest in tech could be handy).
- What you need is plenty of curiosity to understand the business’ products, territories, markets and opportunities. Then you can craft campaigns that will identify and win large customers and partnerships and build value.
- The business is going through a repositioning and you will have interest and experience in developing a brand, campaign and tone of voice.
- You are a creative and commercial thinker and you can express yourself well in writing and presentations. You can get to the point and make decisions quickly.
- You will be responsible for the full marketing budget, will get involved in product naming and launches and be the one to drive sales and marketing campaigns (as well as producing other collateral and building presence at large industry trade shows), to help grow the profile, personality and success of the business.
- You may have worked brand side or agency side or a blend of both. What matters is that you bring enthusiasm and pace to the role and that you like to make stuff happen.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing.
- You understand B2B. You have developed marketing strategies for b2b products and/or services.
- It would be great if you have an MBA or have completed any further study in business strategy and communications.
- Ambitious and want success for the business (and you are nice to do business with).
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial, a self-starter
- A creative and strategic thinker
- A strong communicator. Good writing skills will help you in this role.
- A great listener
- Straightforward to deal with, with stacks of integrity
The business is based in the Crawley / Gatwick region and you will need to travel to the office for a few days a week minimum (when things are more settled).
Salary £45 - £60k, depending on experience, profile and ambition.