Associate Planning Director
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes brand and campaign positioning, behaviour change theory and comms strategy. Acting as the bridge between the consulting and creative sides of the business, you will not only have bags of experience identifying compelling audience insights and turning them into inspiring creative propositions, but you would also have a passion for brand purpose and, ideally, sustainability.
We are offering you the opportunity to help establish and build the planning function at Given which means you will be reporting into the Creative Director and working collaboratively with both the Strategy and Creative teams. We are looking for someone to turn business, brand and sustainability strategies into communication positionings and strategies which will reach and engage audiences that you’ve helped define. To do this, you’ll need everything from a strong strategic mind and flair for narrative writing, to confidence with varied research approaches and all levels of stakeholder.
You will have at least 10 years experience in a Planner and/or Creative Strategist role. It would be excellent if you had experience at associate director or senior level, where you have grown and developed a team. We’re looking for someone who thrives when working collaboratively with both colleagues and clients and who can talk about Planning with passion, expertise and confidence. We’d like to see bags of energy, and lots of ideas when it comes to defining, embedding and delivering Planning across the agency.
You will own your own projects and be responsible for driving them through to completion, delivering against project KPIs and personal objectives. You will believe in the work we do and feel motivated to help deliver a real positive impact.
Day to day
To give you a greater understanding of what you would be a part of, these are some of the day to day aspects of this role:
- You’ll expand the influence of Planning in the agency as a whole, with a focus on expanding the function’s commercial opportunity and maximising the quality of the agency’s creative product
- You’ll use research methodologies, including workshops, focus groups, surveys and interviews to identify relevant audience insights that inform the creative briefs and comms strategies that you produce
- You’ll turn business and brand strategy into brand and/or campaign positionings, narratives, messages, creative briefs and comms plans
- You’ll use audience and business insights to help design programmes and communications plans to effectively engage with key audiences and/or create positive change
- You’ll write creative briefs and brief the creative team, working closely with them and the Creative Director to develop original, on brief, creative communications or initiatives
- You’ll work on new business proposals and pitches, contributing to positioning, creative briefing, comms strategy, storytelling and craft of the presentation deck
- You’ll sell in your strategies in pitch and existing client situations
- You’ll develop appropriate KPIs and methods for tracking the impact of your communications and campaigns
- You’ll assess the skills and resources the Planning team need to be most effective going forward, managing and growing the team accordingly, alongside the Creative Director
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period (6 months)
- Company health cash plan
- Birthday off (or next working day)
- Extra day of holiday per annum after 5 years’ service
- Interest free season ticket loan and Bike to Work scheme
Given is a brand purpose agency. We strive to build successful brands by making business a force for good. We believe that businesses can achieve this if they have a clear purpose, strong values, and create products and ideas that matter for people, communities and the wider world.
You’ll be joining a vibrant, ideas-led agency working across brands like IKEA, Zalando, John Lewis and Virgin Media. We are a team that blends branding, innovation and sustainability consulting, with design, digital and creative production.
Given strives to be an equal opportunities employer and everyone’s commitment to this process will be expected.