It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Build the future of music entertainment and culture with us.
Globe is Universal Music UK’s award-winning commercial and creative partnership division that works across all the Universal Music labels to provide tailor-made entertainment marketing solutions for a variety of brands. Globe delivers all-around agency services from consultancy to ideation to execution. Our output spans a broad spectrum of platforms and activations encompassing digital/social branded content, sync licensing, experiential, broadcast production for TV & film and soundtrack partnerships.
Globe is looking for a passionate Creative Director, Brand Partnerships who thrives in a fast-paced environment to lead our brand creative offering. You must be a curious and conceptual thinker that has pitched, developed and launched multiple integrated 360 campaigns that support the broadcast, marketing, product, or technological goals for a variety of well-known brand partners. The Creative Director will be the driving force that will keep Globe at the top of its game – helping to develop our voice and vision to ensure our work for brands and our artists stays sharp.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Be Creative & Innovative
- Develop innovative marketing experiences and content ideas to help tell meaningful stories around our artists for a range of brand partnerships and label projects.
- Respond to briefs with inspiring creative pitches that deliver business and cultural impact across existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Act as a strategic and creative lead on projects, pro-actively generating useful, usable ideas for current and new brand partners.
- Make complex concepts simple and easy to understand, present and verbally communicate how the creative vision will help achieve business goals.
- Lead by example to consistently inspire creative thinking within the Globe team and help develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking.
- Exceptional design aesthetic, ensuring all creative output adheres to brand and artist standards.
- Excellent portfolio featuring a wide range of award-worthy creative work for a variety of well-known brands.
- Ensure Globe is always building a cohesive brand look and help spearhead brand maintenance and evolution.
- Actively manage creative brainstorming sessions with internal and external teams.
- Continually enhance Globe’s knowledge of new creative technologies, trends and the competitive landscape to inspire and motivate the wider team.
- Ability to establish client relationship and act as a creative leader for the client.
- Experience at delivering exceptional pitch presentations, comprising of inspiring insights, compelling storytelling and supporting visuals to meet business objectives.
- Excellent copywriting and design skills which are used to communicate concepts effectively.
- Proven expertise in creating culturally relevant solutions.
- Ability to work within short timeframes, under pressure and maintain high standards.
- Experience working directly with talent and industry creators to collaborate on campaigns.
- Manage workflow from concept to completion, with a team-orientated approach.
- Experience in collaborating with motion designers, technologists, live production teams, product designers and vendors to seamlessly execute projects – with a clear understanding of budgeting and scheduling.
- Strong discipline and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge and experience with key ‘presentation’ programs. PowerPoint (occasionally Keynote) and design tools such as Photoshop/In Design, or similar.
Just So You Know… The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.