Acting Senior Advertising Manager, Glamour
Fast, dynamic and exciting, GLAMOUR has always been an innovator in the magazine market and is now an established main player in the digital landscape. Publishing across all digital platforms with enormous social growth, and both virtual and live events now in the mix, GLAMOUR is the destination for today’s millennial audience in the UK. Beauty boxes, and a sophisticated sampling and consultation service all add to the brand’s ever expanding revenue streams. This is a rare opportunity to be part of the team bringing the digital and social-first GLAMOUR to life and to work closely with the top brands in the beauty, fashion and luxury marketplace.
The role of the Senior Advertising Manager is to develop and maximise revenue across the GLAMOUR brand portfolio through digital, social and cross-platform creative business in order to meet team revenue and other business services targets set by the Publishing Director. Manage specific client and agency relationships to secure new and repeat business.
A focus on creative dynamic selling, new idea generation and a nimble approach to pro and responsive briefs is essential. You will be confident in incorporating video, social, and events (both live and virtual) into your media plans and pitches often working under tight deadlines.
An ability to work and generate ideas as part of a team as well as independently is essential as is a proven track record for winning new business, and financial gains and success.
A cheerful, positive outlook and boundless perseverance is a must!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To maximise and develop digital creative partnerships and revenue across the GLAMOUR brand.
- Meet monthly team revenue targets on digital, event and services platforms.
- Where necessary, share digital expertise with the GLAMOUR Advertising and Promotions teams.
- Create new business opportunities for beauty brands to work with GLAMOUR including digital, social and live events.
- Liaise with the editorial team to propose fully integrated, timely and editorially relevant cross-platform creative solutions to core advertising partners and ensure that commercial partners are supported.
- Collaborate closely with the central digital, branded content and video teams to develop cross platform ideas for client and agency portfolio.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure all campaigns are delivered in a timely and effective manner. These include Advertising Operations, Project Management, Production, Central Digital team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key agencies and clients in order to secure new and repeat business.
- Monitor market share data for client portfolios and explore new business in order to maintain and grow GLAMOUR's market position.
- Regularly monitor Google data to ensure complete knowledge of GLAMOUR’s digital footprint
- Be aware of competitor activity and initiatives and follow up leads where necessary
- Write proposals and deliver presentations in response to client and agency briefs.
- Develop and implement a clear strategy for client and agency portfolio to ensure GLAMOUR is the key brand for a millennial target audience and a minimum of parity market share is achieved
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Highly experienced in a media sales environment including promotions / brand extension experience with specific beauty contacts
- Adept at analysing media briefs, and producing detailed and accurate media plans as part of a fully fleshed out response
- Accustomed to creating persuasive and professional decks
- Experienced within a digital media sales environment
- Telmar, Salesforce, Google slides proficient
- Proven record of achieving and exceeding sales targets in a competitive market environment
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Skilled negotiator
- Strong team player with ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) coupled with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience of working within a dynamic and fast paced environment