Director of Sales and User Aquisition
We are a proven and funded start-up that has been launched by an established, sector leading professional service firm. We are re-defining procurement analytics by providing unique media and social insight to some of the world’s biggest organisations. Over the last year we have developed and market tested our beta product. Now we are getting ready for launch in January 2021.
We are searching for a Director of Sales and User Acquisition to join our senior management team. We’re looking for someone that is up for the challenge of launching a new (freemium) digital product in to a traditional market place. You’ll be accountable for setting and executing our commercial strategy to drive user acquisition, define premium services, and attract B2B investment from the organisations that we feature (through advertising and content provision).
You’ll be excited by the opportunity to challenge the status quo by bringing new concepts and ideas to disrupt the market, and of course new ways of generating revenue. You’ll also be an integral part of our strategy and future direction of the product. This role is truly flexible, and you can make it your own, but we want someone who can bring their energy, determination and ideas to the collective team, and get results. You will also need to be hands on, this is a “doing role” initially in a small team, but with success there will be the possibility to build a team and bring in the right partners.
To sum it up? You are one of us; we don’t want to blend in and comply, we want you the help us to stand out.
What will you be doing
As the Director of Sales and User Acquisition you will be part of the management team, personally accountable for the revenue and growth strategy. There are two key goals; 1) drive usage, and 2) drive revenue. You will need to hit the ground running to get up to speed with our brand and product, and then work with your colleagues to accelerate our commercial plan. It’s not a complete standing start, we have some ideas and a few things in play, we need you to own them, improve them with your own ideas and drive them.
Key aspects of the role
- Work the Suppleye and investors on launch and initial user growth
- Create and deliver a brilliant revenue plan
- E2E ownership of the sales process, from lead gen to close for paying users/ sponsors
- Work closely with the marketing on user acquisition, adoption and retention
- work with the management/ product team to define “in platform revenue opportunities”
- Get involved in (and own where appropriate) channel partner relationships
- Get involved in our key customer success groups
- Report to the board on sales performance, pipeline and strategy
- Get involved. Win business.
Key experiences we think you will have:
- Likely to suit someone who is an expert in digital marketing and business development
- Experience of working in a start-up, or within a small, fast paced, growth orientated team
- Be able to demonstrate where you have built and delivered a revenue plan
- Expert knowledge of the online B2B content advertising and sponsorship markets is a must
- Comfortable articulating a value proposition and selling to corporate buyers and marketing teams
- Understanding of digital user acquisition, adoption strategies and gamification
- You’ll be excited by the challenge of coming up with new revenue ideas and seeing them through from ideation to income
- You’ll be growth driven and have a proven track record of hitting your numbers
As we’re a start-up you will also want to be part of a team. You’ll be one of us; down to earth, team worker, success motivated, prepared to roll up your sleeve and get stuck in.
What skills will you need?
- Strong team player who can work with a diverse and virtual team.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- You’ll be inquisitive, with the ability to think logically and conceptually.
- Knowledge of Hubspot or equivalent CRM
- Hungry and ready to go.
- Salary dependant on experience
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (with a holiday buy and sell scheme)
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
- Technology Purchase Programme
- Gym Discounts
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme