Who are we?
We are April Six – a global agency with 7 offices in various locations across the world, working in three key sectors (Mobility, Technology and Science). This role sits in our Mobility-focused office in the Bournemouth area. We have a large roster of exciting mobility clients, including BMW, Citroën, Motability, Peugeot, Scania, Vauxhall, Volkswagen Group. We’re working remotely at the moment, but with an aim to do a mixture of remote and in-studio work. However, for this role, we’re happy to consider full remote (with travel to the office required as and when needed).
So, who are we looking for?
April Six Mobility is looking for a glass half full Creative Director to lead and inspire our creative department. Being responsible for the creative output of the Agency, you’ll have oversight of the creative team and creative processes, including; the ideation, presentation and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the profitability and creative quality of Client projects and the operational readiness of the creative team - all in fulfilment of our brand promise to our clients.
You’ll either be an established Creative Director or a Senior Creative who’s really hungry for that next step up. You’ll be super energetic and passionate about creative and leading a team. Once probation is passed, the role will develop into board level position, working as part of the operations board.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Directing the creative function so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of April Six (Mobility)
- Ensuring that the creative function and studio operates in an efficient, profitable manner
- Ensuring that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of our competition
- Ensuring that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Delivering strategic communication solutions that help our Clients attain their marketing and communications objectives
- Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating Client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales
- Collaborating and contributing to the creative process as a leader of the creative team, and as a member of the account team
- Co-leading the unified creative/account management process in order to execute on Client projects
- Writing and presenting cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches
- Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
- Leading the unified process of marketing/concept/design and interactive/web/video/motion graphics
- Work collaboratively with partners, participate in company strategising, and make recommendations for changes to the creative function to meet market changes, competitive threats or to support strategic plans
- Understand April Six Mobility’s strategic goals and brand; analyse the creative team and studio, environment, processes and technologies to determine areas needing improvement
- Set expectations and standards (build a culture) for creative team attitude, behaviour, teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly
- Work within April Six's values/processes and procedures’, ensuring the creative and studio team knows and follows those standards
- Direct the activities and professional development of creative and studio team members, including conducting One2One reviews, taking corrective actions and recommending promotions
- Study the creative marketplace, assessing where April Six’s work stands against competitors’, as well as our Clients’ competitors’ creative work
- Drive constant improvement in April Six’s creative and studio quality and capabilities
- With the account lead, assure that internal and client presentations are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale
- Assure that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the partners, account team and clients
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and branding efforts for new business development
- Ensure self and staff development in web-based and interactive marketing capabilities
- Managing outside resources, freelancers etc. where necessary
- Managing art direction, design, copywriting and production of project
- Quality control, including proofing, reviewing, measuring and evaluating staff performance, creative output and project processes
Is there any specific experience, skills or qualifications needed?
- Previous automotive experience would be beneficial
- Must be passionate and enthusiastic about all things mobility as this is where we plan to focus all our energies as experts in this sector
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellence in managing and motivating staff
- Excellent presentation, communication and persuasion skills
- Thorough understanding of advertising and marketing principles
- Demonstrated talent for high-calibre creative concepting and writing
- Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction to others
- Thorough understanding of clients and their business/industry
- Thorough understanding of art direction
- Must have driving licence
What’s in it for me?
We thought you might ask that… well, it just so happens we have a pretty good answer for you. Apart from working with a cracking bunch of nice people, in a lovely part of the world, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- IPA Membership with True professional development – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback.
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays.)
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Reward & Recognition Scheme..
- Tons of free parking.
Is that it?
Pretty much. Check out Aprilsix.com and if you think this exciting opportunity is a good fit for you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for Creative Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly