Managing Director - promotional marketing
Our client is a global promotional marketing and merchandising business with multiple offices worldwide.
This award winning business has been established for over 15 years, gradually expanding their footprint around the world, whilst continually working with some of the biggest brands around.
Each region is run by a Regional Director who manages the commercial growth and delivery for the business. This includes client management, team leadership and commercial reporting etc etc.
A rare and truly fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Managing Director with a background in promotional marketing or merchandising to lead and grow the UK business as well as work with and galvanise the global board of directors.
To be suitable for this role it will be important that you have experience as either a Managing Director or CEO within the promotional marketing space.
As Managing Director you will work alongside two of the founders where your responsibility will be to head up operations, client development/delivery and account management. The role will encompass:
- Joint lead on company strategy with the board
- Oversight of all company operations
- Lead the client development/delivery and account management team
- Working with the global business developer, be the lead in closing large opportunities
- Day-to-day leadership of the marketing team, including setting and monitoring all KPIs
- Responsible for company recruitment, including sales, account management, marketing and administration roles as part of the company’s recruitment drive
- Oversee the technology
- Head finance – cash management, P&L, oversight of management/statutory accounts and monitor credit control
Key skills required are as follows:
- A fundamental understanding of the promotional marketing or merchandising industry
- The ability to get under the skin of clients and understand what makes them tick
- An understanding of what clients want from their agency and have the ability to help deliver on it
- The ability to help run and manage an effective, successful and culturally aligned agency
- Experience in successfully leading and converting new business opportunities, understanding all stages of the new business process and ability to pick up a pitch at any stage and make it a success.
- Good relationship builder with the ability to operate at a senior and strategic level with key clients and help resolve issues smoothly and effectively.
- Gravitas and charm. Have presence in a room, ability to earn respect and influence people.
- Durable, stamina, high energy, drive and pro-activeness. Ability to do what it needs to “just get stuff done” over any obstacles.
- Good people manager with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment.
- Confident self-starter.
In return for your experience as a Managing Director or CEO our client offers a generous package consisting of a basic ranging between £120-150k depending on experience, plus bonuses.
If you think you’re the CEO we are looking for and would like to know more then drop me a line, Tom Howe, by clicking on the apply button below and attach your latest CV.
Apply for Managing Director - promotional marketing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly