Part-Time Communications & Media Officer – Food Industry
Part-Time Communications & Media Officer – Food Industry – Surrey – To £45k pro rata
Part of a multinational group, this long-established family business operates within an environmentally responsible and sustainable arm of the food industry, a sector that feeds millions of people.
Now the company is looking for an experienced, part-time Communications and Media Officer to play a key role in its marketing, PR and communications strategy.
The Communications & Media Officer role
This ambitious company is looking for an experienced graduate to become its new Communications & Media Officer. This role is part-time (60-80%) with hours that can be spread flexibly across three, four or five days.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be supporting the company’s public relations and external / internal communications and developing marketing collateral to raise its profile among the wider industry.
You will also liaise with the Group’s headquarters in the Netherlands and sister company in France to join the dots regarding the organisation’s international strategic direction.
- Responsible for all internal and external communications to represent the CEO
- Liaise with the Netherlands HQ to agree a co-ordinated communication / corporate social responsibility (CSR) / lobby strategy
- Develop and contribute to the Company’s CSR policy
- Maintain and update the company’s website and social media accounts
- Develop relationships and manage communications with the media and public
- Draft and issue ad hoc press releases
- Prepare and / or attend industry conferences and produce written reports for the CEO
- Coordinate the company’s promotional literature
- Assist with statistical and metric reports
- Edit literature including translations into English from teams in the Netherlands and France
- Provide organisational support to other members of the management team in relation to communication projects
- Graduate in a relevant degree, preferably communications
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Intermediate website and desktop publishing experience
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, HTML editor, Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Quark, Illustrator and Adobe InDesign (or similar packages)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- English to mother tongue standard
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- First-class organisational skills
- A working knowledge of Dutch
Salary and benefits
- Salary to £45k full-time equivalent plus discretionary bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata)
- Private healthcare and gym membership
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.