Creative Technology Lead
Our client is leading the world in Augmented Reality (AR). They are seeking a Creative Technology Lead to bridge the gap between creative vision and technical delivery.
They work with many Brands and Retailers across the world to produce engaging AR shopper experiences. Their Technology team is a key department in the way they work. Paired closely with their creative team, they work together to innovate, build, and iterate ways to solve problems and grow their clients’ businesses using the latest in Augmented Reality technology. The Creative Technology Lead will be able to clearly communicate technical solutions and workflows directly to customers in collaboration with the sales and creative teams. To clearly articulate technical deployment routes and suggested use of the technology is fundamental.
● Influence ideation, design solutions, and prototype software/hardware concepts in collaboration with the creative and UX partners.
● Explain to clients the various options to deploy the campaign and advantages of each
● Evaluate and recommend the appropriate technologies to bring physical & digital experiences to life
● Evaluate and recommend technology architectures to internal technology stakeholders and client stakeholders (technical and non-technical).
● Estimate work time and effort when all necessary information may not be available
● Advise and execute development roadmaps
● Advise on resourcing mix to execute projects
● Lead local and regional development teams to build and deploy innovative technology solutions for clients
● Be accountable for technical delivery of all creative projects from the development team
● Experiment and build with emerging technologies – frameworks, platforms, and tools.
● Educate and inspire peers through the use use of technology
● Communicate and advise directly with clients
SKILL SET OVERVIEW
● Experience working directly with UX and creative teams
● Experience working in the emerging technology space, specifically Augmented Reality
● Experience working with AR web tools, WebGL, three.js, A-frame, 8th wall, quicklook & Sceneviewer (ARKit & ARCore)
● Experience in designing, developing and deploying industry standard technologies and frameworks.
● Has experience with Agile Methodology
● Has a mastery-level experience with front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and Vanilla JS
● Has a mastery-level experience with backend technologies such as NodeJS & Python.
● Has a mastery-level experience developing and integrating RESTful Web services and 3rd party APIs.
● Has experience developing with frameworks such as ReactJS, ReactNative
● Has experience developing HTML5 canvas applications.
● Has experience developing cutting-edge web technologies such as WebGL and WebAudio.
● Has experience setting up and managing continuous integration/deployment workflows
TECHNICAL SKILL BREAKDOWN
● WebAR Development (A-Frame, 8th Wall)
● AWS and database infrastructure management (S3, RDS, EC2)
● SQLLite and database design experience
● Good experience on JSON & XML handling
● Google management - company data structure, folders, back ups, setting up and managing the business g-suite
● Managing the wider Gitlab and project backup process
● Testing and development in a staged environment before public release
● Ensure user experience is optimal, scalable and stable
● Technical requirements: Strong commercial experience working as a Software &/or DevOps Engineer
● knowledge and experience with the use of Java, Node.js and React
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
● Experience working cooperatively with a variety of teams and stakeholders
● Strong communication and ability to document processes and procedures
● Able to lead through credibility and inspiration
● A keen interest in emerging technologies, specifically AR and the desire to learn on the job and experiment with new technologies
● Able to multitask in a rapidly growing work environment
● Enthusiastic, a team player and keen to learn.
● 5+ years' experience in an engineering position and 2+ years in a creative technologist role
● Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
● Creative coder, must have an eye for front end design and UX/UI
● An interest in emerging technology and the Augmented Reality sector
● You want to work in a company where taking on additional responsibilities and stepping-up is rewarded, a place where you can make a name for yourself.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a genuine passion for technology.
● Excellent testing instincts - You care about the smaller details.
● Ability to stay motivated, work hard and remain calm under pressure
● Firm knowledge of web standards, browser and device compatibility
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.