Marketing Automation Manager
Join the RHS during an exciting period of investment in an invaluable role, helping to grow our Marketing automation expertise within a world-renowned organisation.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, proactive and energetic Marketing Automation Manager to join our friendly and expanding team at the RHS. This is an exciting new role, with plenty of opportunity to make a difference, which was created in response to the huge change seen in recent years in the media, data and content landscapes. As Marketing Automation Manager, you will be responsible for working alongside many different teams at the RHS; designing & implementing the numerous owned marketing programmes (for both acquisition and retention) that are required to keep our extensive customer base informed.
As part of this, you will have an important lead role in ensuring the best practice integration of an Omnichannel Marketing Automation Platform into the broader CRM project that is currently underway at the RHS. In addition, you will be expected to assist the Head of Media & Insight in diverse areas such as audience insight, data analysis, sales forecasting and UX testing.
Overview of the role:
The most important and essential experience, skills and attributes required for the Marketing Automation Manager role are:
- Several years’ experience of taking sole responsibility for the development and operational management of successful Digital Marketing programmes at large organisations; using email, SMS, on-site advertising & Direct Mail etc
- Extensive hands on experience of using Omnichannel Marketing Automation Platforms (ideally dotdigital) to create diverse and compelling marketing campaigns
- Experience of broadcast, transactional & automated journey creation, would be desirable
- Highly numerical (ideally with a degree in Maths / Science) with a clear expertise and passion for data and prior experience of commissioning and analysing complex data as part of multivariate testing and broader insight projects
- Broader experience and understanding of CRM would be advantageous, especially of using Microsoft Dynamics
- Extensive eperience of running AB & Multivariate tests in relation to digital marketing
- Ideally some demonstrable experience in Paid Digital marketing, including Paid Search, Digital Display and Affiliates
- Proactive, with the required project management skills needed to drive projects forward to completion
- A clear sense of what ‘best in class’ looks like and a desire to constantly improve the quality of the RHS communications and systems that you would be responsible for
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Analytics, TGI & other media planning tools
- A good understanding of key GDPR principles in relation to customer data usage
- Highly effective copywriting skills and the ability to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written English.
- Good experience of managing others and working as part of a close team
- Interest & knowledge of gardening would be advantageous
For more than 210 years the Royal Horticultural Society has been the force behind getting the nation gardening. Our charitable purpose is to inspire passion and excellence in the science, art and practice of horticulture. Our vision is to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. As a charity, the RHS aims to inspire a wide range of audiences by demonstrating the wonders of gardening through all that we do; including at our gardens and shows, in our publications and online, and through our work in the community.
In return, the RHS provides a number of great benefits for employees, including:
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 and 30 with service) and the option to buy and sell holiday
- Free access to all RHS Gardens, Shows and Libraries
- A special range of employee discounts
- Monthly copy of The Garden magazine and access to horticultural advice
- Sponsorship for external studies
Candidates should apply with a covering letter and CV by 17th December 2020, with shortlisted candidates prepared to attend first & subsequent interviews (likely via video conference) in the following weeks.