Communications Manager - Media
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - MEDIA
EFL House, Preston
35 Hours per week
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience
The Communications Manager – Media will be a senior position within the communications team at the EFL. They will be responsible for managing all aspects of media relations as part of a communications team tasked with enhancing the reputation of the EFL domestically and internationally. This will be achieved through the building of key relationships with journalists across all aspects of local, regional, national and international print, broadcast and digital media, effective management of the EFL’s media office and its reactive and proactive messaging and the development and activation of an annual media/PR plan.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to Degree Level with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a media/press officer/journalism role.
- A thorough understanding of the Media and Communications industry.
- An understanding of the EFL, its 72 member clubs and the wider Football Family.
- Although not essential an understanding the EFL’s Regulations would be desirable
- The ability to generate ideas, challenge the status quo whilst considering organisational limitations.
- Trusted relationships with print, broadcast and digital media contacts (sport and non-sport)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience of influencing individuals and decision makers at all levels.
- Experience of crisis media management
- Proven experience of effective media management and the development and activation of media and communications plans.
- The ability to create, manage and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record for meeting and exceeding goals within strict timeframes in a pressurised environment.
- The ability to plan and think strategically.
- Pro-active approach to day to day issues.
The EFL is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity.
For a full job description and application form, please visit www.efl.com. Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Thursday 31st December 2020, 5.00pm.
Interview Date: w/c 4th January 2021 via Microsoft Teams