Digital Strategist (Head of digital)
Branding agency are looking to hire a talented Digital strategist. You must have experience of working at a leading brand agency with a strong digital offer and be a specialist in this field. This start-up branding agency are looking to hire at Partner level. If you are considering your current career path and you would like to be part of an exciting business opportunity please get in touch to find out more.
A senior or very smart strategist who is strong on digital experience strategy. So a thorough understanding of design thinking and human centered design methods, UX strategy, journey mapping, IA, service design, digital design systems, usability testing, prototyping and so on.
I think the key thing to mention here is that we are not looking for a digital strategist who focuses on performance, growth or direct marketing to improve traffic, leads, sales, SEO ranking, CPC etc. They obviously need a basic understanding of those things (e.g. to know how web design and build affects SEO and conversion) but not to be an expert in them. We are an experience design business rather than a marketing or campaign agency.
The Digital Experience Director is responsible for leading teams to design and build digital experiences that are user-centered, drive business impact and push innovation to deliver world- class quality and results for our clients. Your management style is bottom-up bringing a collaborative voice to your team and bringing out the strengths in all individuals. The Digital Experience Director is expected to lead 2 – 3 client relationships along with our Account Directors and Strategists.
Responsibilities - Leadership
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with digital design excellence
- Deeply understand the market and speak to our clients and the industry about our digital expertise
- Lead and provide directional oversight of team’s digital work and assume overall accountability for it’s quality and impact
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skill sets of the design team
Responsibilities – Digital work
- Develop pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well- shaped work for our Digital Experience Team
- Gather customer and end-user requirements and create an overall UX concept and strategy
- Conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions with internal team members and/or the client to define the design direction
- Design the interaction model for the mobile/web/embedded solution
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Create high-level wireframes, flow diagrams, and prototypes to explore and communicate interaction design ideas
- Create interaction libraries, functional specs, and smart innovative solutions to UI and interaction challenges
- Conduct co-creation sessions with end-users and clients and usability testing sessions
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Provide leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating digital experience case studies and detailed knowledge
- Expertise using Sketch, InVision, Axure, and/or other design/prototyping software
- BA/BS degree in Design. HCI, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or related fields
- Experience as a leader working in a digital services firm 3+ years
- Passion for UX design and eagerness to mentor and elevate staff
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge in user research, usability, and User-Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to talk and understand stakeholders
- Solid understanding of common and emerging technologies in front-end and back-end platforms
- Knowledge and interest in HTML, CSS, and other emerging application technologies
- Familiarity with the agile software development process is a plus