Deputy Creative Director – Fundraising Agency
Deputy Creative Director – Fundraising Agency – Central London – to £60k
Full-service agency specialising in fundraising seeks Deputy Creative Director with in-depth experience of digital and direct marketing.
Experience of working with charity / not-for-profit / fundraising clients is not essential, but it may give you an advantage. Instead, strong leadership alongside brilliant DM and digital design skills are key to the position.
The Deputy Creative Director role
Reporting into and supporting the Creative Director, you will be responsible for managing two Senior Art Directors, an Art Director and the studio (a Studio Head and Mid-Weight Artworker). The agency also has five Copywriters.
During the pandemic, this role will be remote but office-based later in 2021.
As Deputy Creative Director , your role will be to provide a creative vision for the design team and the visual identity of the agency; establish processes and practices for realising that vision and set the bar for quality.
You will contribute to the development of a creative approach that ensures that client needs and donor needs are respected and answered in all communications that the agency produces.
You will set an environment and tone for your team which will ensure the best fundraising techniques are used and improved upon where possible.
Effectively you will be the ‘CEO’ of the design team and, as such, managerial and operational excellence are crucial.
Your portfolio will be hugely relevant and must show a real flair for creative direct and digital marketing – work that demonstrates an understanding of the target audience and how to drive response. The agency lives and dies by its clients meeting their fundraising targets from the work they create for them, so you need to have a real affinity for the charity / fundraising sector. Big, shiny branding stuff this won’t be!
You must be a confident and inspiring line manager too. The team you will manage are lovely people – this is a diva-free zone – but they are senior and have worked in fundraising for a long time, so you will need to bring a level of gravitas to the position.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To manage the design team and artwork studio, working in close cooperation with the Creative Director
- To distil abstract business concepts and client needs into great creative solutions
- Working to agreed briefs to oversee and approve the production of all design work in close liaison and cooperation with the writing team
- To provide leadership in the expansion of the agency’s digital output
- To have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop and inspire the design team. To manage freelance support as and when needed
- To ensure appropriate creative work is developed according to agreed schedules and budgets, keeping a close eye on efficiency and use of resources
- To have strong pitching, presentation and people skills, with the ability to work with clients at all levels
- To help promote the agency, through blogging, speaking, attending client events or other opportunities as required
Experience required – essential
- 10+ years’ experience of developing and designing creative ideas
- In-depth experience of digital and direct marketing
- Digital and print design experience
- Management experience
- Great interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of key creative software packages
- Ability to build, coach and develop a cohesive team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A proactive self-starter
- Leaderships skills
- Creative in generating ideas
- Rational in appraising and implementing ideas
- Creative visionary
Experience required – desirable
- Experience of through-the-line campaigns
- 3+ years’ fundraising experience
- Detailed knowledge of the fundraising market
- Drawing ability
- Direct marketing qualifications
Salary and benefits
The salary is up to £60k depending on experience and comes with great benefits.
If you are a Deputy Creative Director with in-depth experience of digital and direct marketing, please send us your CV today.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.