Our client is a global event management company who specialise in creating innovative networking events for their B2B clients.Their client come from a range of sectors to include international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies and tech providers.
They have a new and exciting opportunity for a Content Manager to lead their small inhouse content team. This role will work within the marketing communications department. This position is full time and offers flexi remote working. Their offices are based in East Sussex and you will be required to work in the office 3 days per week, 2 remote.
We are looking for an experienced and creative digital and content lead who will plan and deliver a new and industry leading online presence elevating their digital offering. Based in the Marcomms team of 12 the newly created role of Content and Web Manager will have overall responsibility of the groups website portfolio and all content marketing initiatives including managing a small team of content creators and website contributors.
This role will join a newly created, self-managing senior unit within the Marcomms team that share company-wide leadership responsibilities.
- Overall responsibility for all the group's websites
- Lead the content strategy for all business needs
- Lead the creation and delivery of an annual content calendar, increasing the current output significantly
- Set the overall strategy of our sites including clear objectives and key results (or KPIs)
- Set the development schedules (with Event Tech team and external developers) and action these.
- Work with the internal team of CMS (Drupal) contributors including the Senior Publications Manager, content creators, designers and marketers to ensure timely updates to all sites.
- Work with the Event Tech team on the development of customer portals and their interface with the public facing websites.
- Recommend and implement a comprehensive SEO (organic and technical), web optimization and conversion strategy (with support of digital marketers)
- Contribute to the future "digital transformation" including virtual events, networking initiatives and commercial development opportunities
- Recommend and implement revenue generating projects for our websites
- Report regularly data and insights from our digital portfolio
- Scope out and implement a new "content hub" for the Group
- Ensure all content is aligned to our mission, vision &values, long term strategic priorities and annual company goals
- Budget for, negotiate and manage any resources required for the delivery of the content calendar
- Stay ahead of trends in content marketing to ensure we remain best in class.
Forms of content you will create, develop and oversee are:
- Interviews (e.g. speakers, influencers, exhibitors, internal staff)
- Longform research reports
- Case studies and testimonials
- eBooks/whitepapers or other downloadable PDF products
- Data based reports and analysis content
- Market research-based reporting form in-depth surveys to quick polls
- Blogs and other online articless
- Video/Webinars (with the Knowledge & Events team)
- Infographics and other designed content
- Email and Social media campaign content
- Exhibitor based content
- Editorial content for publications
About you, the essentials:
- Proven experience in a content website management level role
- Experience in managing either content, web or marketing team members
- A proven track record of planning and producing "thought leadership" level content
- Experienced in producing a range of different content forms
- A self-starter with the ability to research independently using a wide variety of sources
- Hold an opportunistic mindset and actively seek out new connections and collaborations
- Openness to continually expand and learn new content skills for you and the team
- A high level of quality, detail and accuracy is required
- A high level of organisational skills is required including the ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel to industry events and engage with international stakeholders
Also, nice to haves would be:
- Experience in online events or networking platforms or technology
- Experience with marketing automation tools e.g. Hubspot
- Experience of using DAM systems
- Experience in designing content for mobile interfaces
- Experience with UI/UX
- A knowledge of (or interest in) the business events or travel industry
- Working with commercial or advertising teams to monetize digital assets
- Publishing/ media experience.
- Proficiency in any foreign language is always valued
Please send your latest CV with any supported work examples, stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.