The Client Lead role
We’re looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and commercially minded Client Lead with a passion for brand purpose and sustainability to lead on exciting, purpose-driven accounts.
You’ll be an integral strategic partner for your clients, and will own and manage the delivery of exceptional programmes of work across strategic thinking, brand innovation and storytelling. Our output is varied - and so you could have the opportunity to work across a range of projects, from brand purpose positioning to corporate communications; from sustainability strategies to brand activism campaigns.
You’ll work alongside the in-house consultancy and creative team as the client’s representative in the agency, responsible for account development and nurturing relationships, as well as project delivery. You’ll also actively seek out and contribute to new business.
You’ll report into the Director of the Client Team who will support you with career development and opportunities. You will lead 2-3 of our biggest accounts (£500k+), along with a selection of smaller projects, to deliver outcomes that genuinely have real-world positive impact with amazing brands.
You’ll have at least 5 years experience in an agency client services / programme management role, with hybrid account and project management experience. It would be excellent if you had experience as a hands-on Account / Programme Director, but we are open to candidates at a Senior Account Manager level looking for their next step up.
A key focus of the role is account development, so you will have an entrepreneurial outlook and a track record of proactively identifying and converting new opportunities. You will also have experience building client partnerships and managing programmes of work.
We’re looking for someone who would describe themselves as a confident, entrepreneurial, approachable, solutions-focused, organised and happy to get stuck into delivery. You will be happy working with different disciplines (ideally including brand purpose strategy, sustainability, planning, conceptual creative and design). You feel motivated to help deliver a real positive impact through the work that we do.
Day to day
To give you a greater understanding of what you would be a part of, these are some of the day to day aspects of this role:
Developing strong, strategic and commercially successful client relationships
- Establishing strong account relationships, understanding your client’s business and their challenges in order to support and challenge them to develop effective, impactful work together
- Leading business development across your key accounts, identifying opportunities, preparing proposals, managing a pipeline and converting income
- Contributing to new business meetings and pitches, authoring and delivery key sections and proposals
- Taking responsibility for account level finances – ensuring accurate forecasting and managing profitability
- Being the first point of contact for your client, flagging any issues and acting as a point of escalation
Planning and leading delivery
- Planning purpose programmes, proposing the activities, workstreams and tasks needed to meet objectives
- Running client projects, working collaboratively with both strategic and creative teams to deliver high impact projects
- Ensuring that work is delivered to brief, on time and within budget, delegating effectively where required. This includes:
- Writing scope documents and budget breakdowns
- Creating timing plans and managing project resources
- Representing the voice of the client in the agency
- Authoring briefs and briefing wider teams
- Delivery of flawless work to clients in the most appropriate medium
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary of £42,000 - £47,000, dependent on experience.
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period
- Company health cash plan
- Birthday off (or next working day)
- Extra day of holiday per annum after 5 years’ service
- Interest free season ticket loan and Bike to Work scheme
Given is a brand purpose agency. We strive to build successful brands by making business a force for good. We believe that businesses can achieve this if they have a clear purpose, strong values, and create products and ideas that matter for people, communities and the wider world.
You’ll be joining a vibrant, ideas-led agency working across brands like IKEA, Zalando, John Lewis and Virgin Media. We are a team that blends branding, innovation and sustainability consulting, with design, digital and creative production.
Given strives to be an equal opportunities employer and everyone’s commitment to this process will be expected
To apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org