Product Developer ( Merchandise/licensing Products)
A Hertfordshire based agency are looking for a Product Developer to join their team.
You will be working on sports and entertainment merchandise, with a product line that includes apparel, accessories, toys, collectibles, novelty items, and more. With major sports and entertainment licenses.
As their Product Developer you will be creating, developing, and managing existing and new products as part of the Product team, this includes looking at innovation opportunities as well as range expansions to further increase market share. It will also include resourcing and developing dual sources for items to further strengthen the supply chain
- Constantly suggesting and presenting new product ideas/concepts to the company
- Working closely with the US team and ensuring they are informed and involved in all global product initiatives and launches
- Accountable for managing the entire product line life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities of all product categories.
- Work with design to develop key concepts, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable in each market and provides an exciting customer store experience.
- Working with creative to manage the existing product line and introducing new products to the range and assist in the creation of catalogues.
- Be responsible for carrying out regular range reviews with the Buying and sales teams, followed by an analysis report
- Creating product timelines, ensuring that products stay on track to those timelines and that they meet the high standards of the agency and their customers.
- Liaising with pricing teams to ensure that the product, price & minimum order quantity is commercially viable to our business and customers
- Liaising with QC to ensure that products meet market testing requirements.
- Carry out regular Competitive shop to keep abreast of competitor's movements, incorporating market standard on pricing, quality and packaging in addition detail all competitor activity (online and in stores, locations to be determined by your manager)
- Responsibility for reporting all findings from the competitive shop, to be logged and updated on the central drive, as per the reporting requirements.
- Managing the license tick sheet, making sure it is always up to date and accurate and that all relevant parties are informed of any changes, also to ensure that license rights are being utilised to their full potential and that products are not being produced and sold outside of license.
- Liaise directly with the factories/suppliers when developing new product and visit them when required.
- Assist in keeping the design master list up to date and prioritise design's work load
- Manage all elements and the coordination of product launches and exhibitions.
- Overall responsibility of keeping the show rooms and meeting rooms presentable at all times. Ensuring all new lines are represented and the newest range is always on show.
- At all times you should be supporting the approvals department.
- International travel will be required at times
- High level experience of working with Excel, word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in product development and design ideally within the sports sector
- Understanding of how products are used. Experience of working with Sales team and clients to understand the market needs.
- A strong analytical and commercial focus being able to negotiate with suppliers and liaise with prospective customers alike.
- Experience of liaising with suppliers for product packing and delivery options.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
This role would suit someone who has a huge passion for team sports, follow key sports influencers and even obsessive about sport! You will have a keen eye for on trend product in the now and be forthcoming with new concepts and ideas.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.