Social Media Manager – Raleigh / Haibike / Lapierre
Established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh is one of the world’s oldest and best-known bicycle brands. We are part of the Accell Group, a European based company, who own a collection of bicycle and accessory brands throughout Europe.
Today Raleigh supplies the UK market with the major industry-leading bicycle brands of Raleigh, Haibike and Lapierre, as well as an exciting and extensive portfolio of accessories such as Saris, SRAM, Moon and Schwalbe.
Our partnership with the Accell Group allows us to share knowledge, technology and innovations between brands to deliver the best possible product for our customers.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager who will be a key team member working within the Brand Marketing function, with a dotted reporting line into the Digital Marketing team.
The Social Media Manager will be a true extrovert, responsible for developing and delivering strategies focused on increasing brand awareness, consumer engagement, building influencer content, as well as driving traffic and revenue via our social channels and D2C site.
The ideal candidate will be both creative and analytical in their approach. They will need to be extremely agile and forward-thinking; bringing joy and originality to our social platforms.
Super positive and out-going with an infectious can-do attitude, this person will be brimming with creative ideas. Coupled with the necessary proven experience required to take concept through to successful implementation, this person will lead the direction and delivery across all platforms.
The Social Media Manager must also be smart and able to listen and interpret relevant cultural conversations, react first to social trends and utilise social listening to understand more about our audiences.
As well as being a great team player with first class communication skills, this person will need to live and breathe the role. This position will not always be a 9am-5pm and it is expected that the candidate is comfortable with working some irregular hours as required, in order to fulfil the duties of the role.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop and deliver Raleigh social media strategy, setting KPIs relevant to each channel against brand and commercial objectives, such as increasing following and engagement metrics.
- Able to understand and respect the rich brand heritage of Raleigh, whilst supporting the ongoing brand evolution.
- Ensure a deep understanding of the social media landscape and experience in managing social media comms for lifestyle brands.
- Solid working knowledge of all key social platforms including but not limited to, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Head of Digital on delivering against brand and commercial goals, including supporting on cross-functional projects outside of immediate remit.
- Manage the social media plan to execute the daily content schedule including posts, stories, live content etc.
- Produce monthly reports for the leadership team, with clear actionable takeaways or recommendations for growth.
- Manage influencer collaborators to create bespoke content assets for channels.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Head of Digital to plan content effectively for key launches, as well as working collaboratively on campaign executions.
- Support the Brand Manager in creating content to support product launches and events.
- Excellent communication skills able to collaborate cross-functionally across marketing, creative, digital, collection and sales.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in social media within a fast-paced company, start-up or agency environment.
- An enthusiasm for the Raleigh brand, its heritage, culture and future vision.
- Culture-obsessed – you are aware of what’s going on across social media.
- Interest and knowledge of related fields relating back to the brand’s DNA – cycling, music, pop-culture, comedy etc.
- Experience with analytics and social listening tools, such as Google Analytics and Sprout Social.
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory holidays for full-time employees
- Company defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Staff discount on bicycles and Parts and Accessories
- As part of the Cycle to Work Scheme we will pay you to ride to work
- Free Electric Car Charging on site
If you feel this role is for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply including your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 19 February 2021