Acting Account Manager, Glamour - Maternity Cover
Fast, dynamic and exciting, GLAMOUR has always been a trailblazing innovator in the magazine landscape. Publishing across a wide portfolio of all digital platforms, beauty club sampling and live and virtual events in addition to a bi-annual print edition makes GLAMOUR the destination for today’s millennial and Gen Z audience in the UK. This is a rare opportunity to be part of the commercial team, working across digital, events, social and print, and to work closely with top brands in the beauty, fashion and luxury marketplace.
The role of the Account Manager is to grow and maximise revenue across the GLAMOUR brand with a strong digital focus. Manage specific client and agency relationships to secure new and repeat business.
A focus on creative dynamic selling, new idea generation and a nimble approach to responsive briefs is essential. Confident and experienced in digital sales, virtual and physical event sponsorship, video, social as well as print is a must. The successful candidate will be an expert in creating media plans with a thorough understanding of how to build campaigns for every KPI.
An ability to work as part of a team and independently, with a proven track record for winning new business and financial gains and success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To win digital creative partnership revenue across the GLAMOUR brand
- Meet monthly team revenue targets on digital platforms
- Create new business opportunities for beauty brands to work with GLAMOUR including digital, social and live events
- Liaise with the editorial team to propose fully integrated, timely and editorially relevant cross-platform creative solutions to core advertising partners and ensure that commercial partners are supported
- Collaborate closely with the central digital, branded content and video teams to develop cross platform ideas for client and agency portfolio
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure all campaigns are delivered in a timely and effective manner. These include Advertising Operations, Project Management, Production, Central Digital team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key agencies and clients in order to secure new and repeat business
- Monitor market share data for client portfolio and explore new business in order to maintain and grow GLAMOUR's market position
- Be aware of competitor activity and initiatives and follow up leads where necessary
- Write proposals and deliver presentations and media plans in response to client and agency briefs in a quick and timely manner
- Develop and implement a clear strategy for client and agency portfolio to ensure GLAMOUR is the key brand for a millennial and Gen Z target audience and a minimum of parity market share is achieved
Essential Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in face to face advertising sales
- Proven record of achieving and exceeding sales targets in a competitive market environment
- Must have existing relevant agency and client direct contacts
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Persuasive communicator
- Skilled negotiator
- Thorough understanding of the digital landscape and genuine interest in the advertising world
- Strong team player with ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) coupled with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience of working within a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Must have a clear passion for the brand and a strong desire to generate revenue across each element of the GLAMOUR portfolio