Department for International Trade
£38,158 - £44,033
Permanent Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Tim Peake wore our T-shirt on the International Space Station, Sir Paul Smith starred in our launch film. Our brand has wrapped everything from New York subway trains to yachts in The Clipper Round the World Race. We are The GREAT Britain and Northern Ireland Campaign; want to be part of what comes next?
This role offers Senior Designers an exciting new challenge of national importance, playing a critical role with the GREAT Campaign. GREAT is the UK’s nation brand and international marketing campaign, active in 144 countries. The campaign promotes the best of the UK to the world, encouraging them to visit, study, invest and trade with us. The campaign is delivered through over 20 government departments, and through our international network of Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates, Trade Offices, British Council Offices and tourism offices as well as through partners and international organisations. GREAT is a multiple-award winning brand, currently valued at £271m and ranked within the UK’s top 50 brands.
We are looking for a senior designer that can lead and produce creative solutions for digital, print and event executions. You will manage briefs and tasks from 144 different countries, 24 government departments and 5 different sub campaigns. You will set the visual tone for the brand and inspire all other designers working on GREAT across Whitehall to follow. You will partner the brand manager to ensure that all designs are on brand and to the highest of standards and help steer the future direction of the GREAT brand and design. You will lead the designers in the team, ensuring the design team’s work is appropriately prioritised and that their work is of a consistently high standard.
- Hands on and practical from basic template generation to high end ideation
- Oversees all design activity within GREAT HQ, from conception to delivery, actively prioritising a workflow of activity and ensuring first class customer service
- Ability to move quickly from a range of uber creative concepts to the practical solution required
- Leads and line manages the designer/s who work in GREAT HQ, including providing creative direction and quality assuring work
- Works with the brand manager to set the direction for the brand and design, with clearly defined team roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Scopes, quotes and produces schedules, working closely with the design managers and the client team
- Builds a culture of customer service excellence
- • Actively drives for digital first outcomes/ campaigns, as well as accessibility compliant
- Promotes cross-team working whenever possible, including identifying when other creative services – eg copy editing, photography and video – can be incorporated within projects
- Effectively manages senior stakeholders, ensuring their expectations are carefully managed and their creative interpretation is appropriately challenged
- Presents finalised ideas and concepts to clients as required, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work matches their strategy and brief
- • Minimum 5 years design experience in a studio agency or in house environment
- Strong conceptual skills
- Strong experience of design for digital platforms
- Print Design, Motion Design and Editing
- Information design
- Full Adobe Suite
- Relevant and demonstrable line management and studio management
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Closing date: 11:55 pm on Monday 8th March 2021.